Chapter 10

Shivaay's foot rested on the break pedal as they reached Anika's office.

Shivaay: here we are

Anika peered through the side mirror and adjusted her hair. But Shivaay soon held her wrist and stopped her

Shivaay: ese hi achi lagri
(It looks nice like this)

Anika: thank you

Along with her smile came a slight blush on her cheeks.

Shivaay: I'll pick you up at 6:00?

Checking to confirm she would be ready at their usual time, Shivaay realised Anika had stopped in her tracks.

Anika: aap seedhe ghar jaa sakte
(You can go straight home)

Shivaay: phir tum kese aayegi?
(Then how will you come?)

Out of concern he asked, it didn't feel right to let her return home alone.

Anika: voh... aaj mein aur Gauri apartments dekhne jaare hai
(Well... today me and Gauri are going to see apartments)

Shivaay: oh okay

Seeing little to no reaction from him seemed a little odd.

Shivaay: Mein tum dono ke saath aaounga
(I'll come with you both)

Anika: sachi?
(Really?)

Her eyes raised to meet his, and they would have shared an cute eye lock had Shivaay not turned away.

Shivaay: to make sure you're getting a good deal

Anika: toh yeh baat hai
(So this is why)

This was inaudible to Shivaay, since she mumbled under her breath.

Anika: I'll see you then

Picking up her bag, she left. No goodbye. No smile. No nothing.

Shivaay was too busy thinking about her departure to take notice of her current strange behaviour. He drove to his own office, but he couldn't really work as his attention was on something, I mean someone, else.

Back at the grand Oberoi Mansion, the useless son if Tej was roaming around with no goal whatsoever.

Rudra: Kya karu?
(What shall I do?)

The same two words came out of his mouth again and again.

Rudra: Papa se milte
(I'll go meet Dad)

If he were and normal human being, he would have sensibly walked in the direction of the room. But this is Rudra we're talking about. This guy could reach the room without dancing and getting distracted on his way.

Rudra: Papa, aapka ladla beta aagya

Performing his elder brother SSO's signature action to sort his hair, Rudra opened the door. Immediately a pillow was launched at his face by his Father.