⚜️ 𝙗𝙧𝙖𝙫𝙚 𝙚𝙣𝙤𝙪𝙜𝙝 ⚜️

Coming home to the Salvatore house they were greeted by the girls and Stefan. Damon stayed on the couch as they all said hi to them.

She left in two days and was not looking forward to it at all. For as little as she felt, she felt a lot for Kai.

She grew angry when Damon talked bad about Kai and that's why she burst out the way she did. But she regretted it instantly.

Still she made no attempt to apologize. Damon was her closest friend in the world, but she couldn't get over the words they exchanged.

Everyone except Stefan left the house to the Mystic Grill. It was night and Tara was tired. Another day with Kai and her friends, and she'd have to leave.

She walked upstairs holding hands with Kai as they went to her room. They both felt nervous for the things they were about to do.

Kai looked to Tara take off her jacket and took off his as well. This was stupid. He should not be this nervous. Whether or not she says yes or no, he'll be fine. Right?

"Tara, I have a question." He said slowly.

"Alright. What's up?" She said turning around.

But as soon as she turned around Kai grabbed her by the jaw and kissed her forcefully. She was surprised and taken back, but she kissed him back.

"That's not a question." She smiled breathlessly when they pulled away.

"Stay." Was all he said.

"𝐖𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐰𝐞 𝐡𝐚𝐝 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐛𝐞𝐚𝐮𝐭𝐢𝐟𝐮𝐥
𝐈 𝐝𝐢𝐝𝐧'𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐰𝐫𝐞𝐜𝐤 𝐢𝐭 𝐚𝐥𝐥
𝐄𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲 𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝐈 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐤 𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐭𝐫𝐮𝐭𝐡"

"What?"

"Stay. With me, please."

She looked up to his big blue eyes sadly.

"I can't. You know I can't." She pulled away slightly. "I still have to go back to my mom and WellShadow."

"And Jack. Right, how could I forget?" He finished angrily.

"Kai-" She started.

"Tara I don't understand why you want to go back so bad. Your mother is obviously terrible, you don't like the missions you go on. And the man your going to marry isn't even straight!" He rambled.

Tara stepped forward and grabbed his hands to stop him from pacing around the room.

"Kai, this was our agreement."

"I don't want to agree to this anymore, I just want you to stay." He was beginning to get more emotional, and he hated it.

𝐈 𝐰𝐢𝐬𝐡 𝐈 𝐰𝐚𝐬
𝐈 𝐰𝐢𝐬𝐡 𝐈 𝐰𝐚𝐬
𝐁𝐫𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐞𝐧𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡 𝐭𝐨 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮

"I know you do Kai. But I have to do this. I have to go back to help my mom. And I need you to do something for me." Tara said putting her hand on his cheek.

He looked to her to continue, as he couldn't answer.

"I need you to walk away from me. Please." She asked him.

𝐒𝐭𝐫𝐢𝐩𝐩𝐞𝐝 𝐚𝐰𝐚𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐬 𝐈 𝐛𝐮𝐢𝐥𝐭
𝐋𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐧𝐨 𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐡𝐚𝐬
𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐝𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐧𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰𝐧
𝐈𝐟 𝐰𝐞 𝐰𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐦𝐞𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐥𝐚𝐬𝐭

"I can't do that. There was still something I had to say to you." He started.

"I know. But if you say that to me, it's going to make this a lot harder. I still have to leave and I can't be the one to walk away."

For all the dangerous things she had done in her life. She wouldn't be strong enough to walk away.

Kai went to argue one more time as he felt actual real life tears prickle in the back of his eyes. He knew she had to do this. He knew this was inevitable. He just hated that he was the one who was going to have to walk away.

Kai looked to for a moment before kissing her forehead lightly. They exchanged what they wanted to say with their eyes, hoping the other knew what they were saying.

Tara felt actual tears prickle in her eyes as well. They both felt like weird aliens for feeling so much at one time. His lips lingered on her head for a moment before he slowly stepped away.

He turned around instantly and tried his hardest not to look at her. If he did he would go back and wouldn't leave no matter who tried to get him to.

She looked to the floor as well. He opened the door and stopped for a second. She looked to him, thinking he was going to look back.

He turned his head slightly before looking straight again, and vamp speeding out of the house.

Tara felt the first tear slide down her cheek and felt herself grow even more sad. What was happening to her? Crying? She hated crying. But for some reason this felt like the right thing to do.

She began to let more tears fall as she plopped down on the bed. She held her head in her hands as her body shook with sadness.

𝐈 𝐰𝐢𝐬𝐡 𝐈 𝐰𝐚𝐬
𝐈 𝐰𝐢𝐬𝐡 𝐈 𝐰𝐚𝐬
𝐁𝐫𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐞𝐧𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡 𝐭𝐨 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮

She suddenly felt hands wrap around her and recognized the scent as her other best friend in the world.

Stefan Salvatore has heard their conversation and came upstairs to comfort her. Everyone was still out of the house which they were both thankful for.

Tara still thought feelings were embarrassing and Stefan she'd a few tears at the sight of his best friend. Tara leaned into his chest, slowly accepting his kindness.

They both sat there, sad and undisturbed for the whole night.

***