: propose :

The iconic duo took the right full positions on the stage and just looked out into the auditorium that in a mere few hours would be filled with thousands of people - thousands of there fans. That night the pair were playing an arena a little outside of hometown - Columbus, Ohio. The gig was one of the many performances that they had played during there time on tour and it was one that was supposed to be special for one incredible reason.

Josh was going to propose tonight.

But of course as the you could probably have guessed that didn't pan out as he expected or wanted. He was going to propose to his best friend and girlfriend of 3 years Cordelia Joseph.

Him and Cordelia has known each other far longer then Josh and her brother and Josh's band mate had. In fact they had known each other from the age of twelve. They had started their relationships when she turned 19 as they confessed their feelings for each other - in the most cliche way possible - during her birthday party. Josh has gone up on stage despite his immense anxiety and told the entire room that he had loved her since they were kids. Granted he was drunk for the first and last time ever that night. Regardless of Josh's intoxication Cordelia reciprocated the feelings and they got together after he had sobered up.

Ever since then they had been in a happy and loving relationship until Josh made the decision to go behind her back and make a huge decision that would affect the both of them. Josh and Tyler's band - Twenty one pilots - had been discovered by a record label and that changed things big time for the two. Josh and Tyler went to countless meetings about their music and other things and about 2 months after being discovered the label came to them with an offer. And normally that would make them over the moon but the terms of this offer were far from desirable. The contract read that almost immediately after signing the pair would go onto tour which in hindsight doesn't seem too bad as a matter of fact it was a life long dream of both of them but the problem was that they would be gone for almost an entire year with little to no breaks in between shows. The boys thought about the offer for as long as they were allowed too and made the mutual agreement that they would go through with the tour.

However the problem arose when both boys neglected to tell Cordelia the plan for them to basically disappear for months on end until Jenna - Tyler's fiancé - accidentally told her a few days before they were set on leaving. Expectedly Cordelia was enraged by the secrecy of it all but mostly she was hurt that they didn't care enough to even think of telling her. Cordelia confronted them a few hours after finding out and it ended with her being more angry then she was to begin with. She told them that she wanted nothing to do with them and that she didn't ever wanted hear from them again. She didn't give them a chance to explain instead she broke up with Josh and practically renounced the Joseph title from her name. Given it was a childish response and she knows that but she is way too stubborn to admit defeat.

So now Josh and Tyler have been on tour for 10 months, 27 days and 46 minutes in counting and they only have one more show left that being tonight's show. This show also happened to land on there anniversary meaning it was also her birthday. Thats why he chose this night for his proposal and he still would've gone through with it if not for the disaster of there break up.

Little to Joshs knowledge however tonight not only did mark her birthday and their anniversary but it was also the night she was to lose her life.