chapter 23

Kai: "Surprise!"

He laughed at my expression of seeing Y/N tied next to him with a bag wrapped around her head.

Yoongi: "Y/N!"

I was about to run towards her, but he pointed the gun at me, stopping my actions.

Y/N: "mmmm..."

She tried to say something but couldn't since her mouth was taped. I couldn't see her face, but I am sure it was her since she was wearing the patient clothes from the hospital. Also, her voice was similar.

Yoongi: "Let her go! Your goal is me, not her!"

Kai: "Right! But I can't get my goal without her!"

He said, scoffing.

Yoongi: "She has nothing to do with me!"

He suddenly pointed the gun at her head, causing me to gasp.

Kai: "You can't fool anyone with that excuse."

Yoongi: "It's not an excuse!"

Sunmi: "Are you sure about that?"

I turned around, finding Sunmi standing just behind me.

Sunmi: "I have told him everything. The way you acted when I tried to come inside your house, the way you acted when I pushed her down the stairs. Everything."

Yoongi: "It was a game again! You didn't come because you missed me but because you had a mission!"

Sunmi: "You're smart!"

She tried to touch my head, but I yanked her away.

Sunmi: "Poor Y/N. She is a kind girl. Do you know? She got angry and pushed me down the bridge, but because I "can't" swim, she jumped and saved my drowning body. If it wasn't her I "must be" dead by now!"

Yoongi: "You witch!"

She giggled and went next to Kai.

Kai: "I've been keeping my patience for too long, but it has come to its limits. Now I will give you two choices. The first one is: give me the files and get your girlfriend. The second choice is: keep the files, but lose both your girl and child."

He said, smirking since he knew very well that I couldn't give up both of them.

Kai: "You have 10 seconds to decide. Family or business?"

I can't give them the files. My father has gone through many things to get us where we are now. If we lose the company, we will lose everything, our property, money, and everything. But...I can't just let him kill her. She has changed me. She has made me feel. I clenched my fists when he began to count down.

Kai: "5...4..."

He pulled the trigger of his gun, ready to shot...

Kai: "3...2...-"

Yoongi: "Alright! Alight! I will give you the files!"

He then put back his gun and talked.

Kai: "Call your assistant to get them ready and send them to this location!"

I hesitated for a while, but when I saw him pull back the gun, I called Hyunjin and he picked up right away.

Yoongi: "Get the files ready and bring them here."

Kai: "Give me your phone!"

I bent and pushed my phone towards him. He stepped on it, breaking it.

Kai: "You are so poor. I enjoy watching you lose everything!"

He kept laughing and suddenly took out his gun. Without a second thought, he pointed it at Y/N and shut her. I watched her fall down lifelessly. At first, I wasn't that sure if it's her, but when I saw the necklace...my world collapsed.