Pt. 4: Second Chances

Chance wrapped his arms around me and nodded, his eyes drifting down to my mouth and back again. "And you know how bad I wanna kiss you, right?"

I hummed as I leaned in, "Then do it."

When Chance pressed his lips to mine, I felt all the passion between us. My dream may not have been real, but this certainly was. 

I gasped into his mouth when he squeezed my hip with one hand and tipped my head back with the other. My whole body went rigid when we heard pounding on the other side of the bathroom door.

"I need to pee!" Shayne squalled loudly. "Who's in here?"

Chance pulled away from me slightly and pressed his forehead to mine. "I guess...we should open the door?"

He had a look of apprehension on his face. We were most certainly undefined at this point and there was no way to hide the fact we had been in here alone, together with the door shut. I wasn't sure if Chance would want Shayne to know what was happening between us. Hell, I didn't even know what was happening between us.

"Hello!"

Chance sighed and stepped away from me and I couldn't help but be disappointed that our long-awaited kiss had been cut short. "Hey," Chance greeted Shayne as she danced outside the door. "Sorry about that."

Chance ducked away quickly and Shayne shoved past me in an effort to reach the toilet. "Don't think I'm gonna forget about this," she called out as I scurried out of the bathroom, knowing I wouldn't be able to avoid her for long.

I paused at Chance's door, eager to define whatever this thing was between us. Nerves got the best of me and I wandered off to the kitchen in search of food. I found Chance standing at the counter, shirtless and chopping up fruit. I silently observed his muscles flexing in his back, his upper half free of clothing. I longed to approach him and skim my fingers over the ink beautifully covering his flawless skin. 

"You gonna keep staring at me or what?" Chance called over his shoulder, never making eye contact with me. 

I chuckled to myself as I made my way over to him. I rested my backside against the counter next to him and watched as he dumped the ingredients into the blender and started it. He added more ice and some almond milk. I couldn't take my eyes off him, hating that we were alone and he still wasn't touching me.

The confident me, the one from my dream, was long gone. This was the real me, afraid to take a chance. Scared as fuck to be rejected by a man I had been dreaming of being with for way too long. I wanted Chance badly. But dammit, I needed him to want me just as much.

"Taste this," he smirked, pulling me from my thoughts. 

I blinked up at him, suddenly noticing how close he was standing. "It's green," I complained as I made a face.