Pt. 22: Leaving Seattle

Fuck!

Fuck!

In less than an hour, my whole life had gone to shit. Fucking Sara! Oh how I wish I had never met her. I was currently tossing everything into my duffle bag and praying I wasn’t too late to catch up to Cami. She wouldn’t really take the bus home, would she? Fuck!

My eyes darted around the lobby in search of my girl. My chest tightened when I realized I couldn’t keep thinking about her like that. She wasn't mine. She never was, but she could’ve been. Shit, I knew she wanted to be mine. I crushed her when I turned her down last night.

Now I may never get the chance again.

“Are you okay?”

I glanced up to find Coy staring at me, his concern was obvious. “What the hell happened?”

I shook my head. “I just need to find Cami,” I panted, feeling more desperate than ever.

“I saw her,” Coy replied, nodding his head toward the door where Jesse stood. “There she is.”

Just then Jesse turned to reveal Cami, her face streaked with tears. Jesse didn’t look too happy with me either. I turned in my keycards and checked out of the hotel, only to find that Cami had left. I rushed toward the doors, seeing that Jesse was waiting for me. “Just let her go, man,” he advised as I brushed past him.

“Stay out of it,” I shot back, not even stopping.

Jesse gripped my bicep, yanking me back towards him. I shoved his chest, Coy jumping between us shortly after. “What are you doing?” Coy grumbled at both of us.

“I can’t just let her go without explaining what happened,” I told them. “And if I don’t catch up to her, she’s gonna take the bus home. Do you want that?”

Coy and Jesse looked at each other, emotions conveyed through their eyes. Jesse sighed and reached for my hand. “I truly hope she’s wrong about what she saw and you guys work things out.”

I shook hands with each of them, muttering a quick thank you before rushing out to the valet stand. I passed the young man my ticket as I saw Cami at the curb. As a car pulled up and she opened the rear passenger door, I leaned in the front passenger window and spoke to the driver. She scowled at me when I shut the door and sent the driver away.

“Why the hell did you do that?”

I produced her wallet from my back pocket and smirked. “I just told the Uber driver that you had no money. It’s not my fault he left.”

She reached for her wallet, that I was now holding high over her head. “Give me that!” she demanded, getting up on her tiptoes to stretch over my head. With her breasts crushed to my chest, I could barely think straight. 

I wrapped an arm around her waist and held her tightly against me. “You want this?”

She lowered her gaze, peering into my eyes and most likely realizing that my question wasn’t entirely innocent. Suddenly flustered by my close proximity, Cami shoved my chest and stalked off with her luggage rolling behind her. My car appeared just then, so I rushed up behind her, snatching up her luggage as the valet handed me my keys. “Let’s go,” I directed.