Pt. 13: He Kissed Me

I slept surprisingly well considering nothing was settled between Chance and I. I meant it when I said I forgave him. Maybe I should have made him work harder for it, but the look in his eyes when he realized how rough he was being with me...I'll never forget. I didn't have to punish him for what he had done.

He was punishing himself.

I felt how sorry he was when he carried me to my room, too. His voice was cracking and if it hadn't been so dark, I would've sworn he was crying. And that would have been a first for Chance.

When I finally rolled out of bed, I checked my phone for messages, scrolling past the texts from Kyle to see what Chance had sent. I guess that said something.

I glanced at the texts from him and laughed, noticing they had come all throughout the night.

Chance: have your bag packed and ready to go before you leave for work.

Chance: bring a change of clothes. I don't think you wanna travel in one of your dresses...hmmm, on second thought...

Chance: don't forget your swimsuit. There's a pool in the hotel 😏

Chance: and a hot tub 💦

I laughed out loud, never knowing Chance to use emojis before. I thought for a moment and then replied.

Cami: hmmm...I think you just want to see me in my swimsuit 👙

I scrolled back to Kyle's texts, deciding not to look at them right now. I had a pretty good idea what he wanted and I just wasn't sure what to tell him. I knew I needed to be honest with him. I should tell him that I'm using this weekend away with Chance to see where we stand.

But I didn't want to hurt Kyle.

I rushed to get ready, spending too much time in my head already. After my shower, I put on a short, black skirt with a flippy hem and paired it with a white, lacy tank. It was too hot to wear anything more than that.

I finished throwing the last of the things I needed for the trip into my bag. I had been packing it little by little for the past few days, never fully committed to finishing it because, well things have been so hot and cold with us, I wasn't sure if I would go or not.

I checked the texts one more time to make sure I had everything I needed when I saw one more had come through.

Chance: you'll need a sexy dress to wear. I'll be having you for dinner one night.

Chance: and...you're fucking right I wanna see you in your swimsuit!

I giggled at the wording, certain he didn't mean he would be having me for dinner. Or did he?