Pt. 17: Hard on Yourself

A/N: I included a song with this because it came up in my notifications as a new song and guess what? This is Cami's anthem. Check it out if you want and enjoy the chapter ❤❤❤ Badass Cami coming through! Dedicated to Alwyn_Knighton because she likes a tough Cami 😁
...

 Check it out if you want and enjoy the chapter ❤❤❤ Badass Cami coming through! Dedicated to Alwyn_Knighton because she likes a tough Cami 😁

"You'd look cute in that."

I glanced down at the dress in my hands and shrugged. "I don't think it's me."

Jesse scoffed, "You've said that about every single thing we've looked at in the past four stores, Cami! The only thing you've bought so far is a purse and some jewelry."

"I love jewelry! And what I got is so cute."

"Yeah..." Jesse cocked his head to the side as we moved on to the next rack. "But Chance said you probably need work clothes for your new job or whatever."

"I do," I agreed, nodding. "I've been working from home, but now I have an office and I have to dress up for work."

We continued to scan the racks until Jesse just got too frustrated with my lack of choices. "I have an idea," he declared suddenly with a gleam in his eye. "Do you trust me?"

"Ummm..."

Soon I was trying on dresses left and right. Jesse made me promise to keep an open mind and just try anything he passed me through the space above the dressing room door. "Are you sure about this one," I asked skeptically as I stepped out to show him another one of his choices.

He stood behind me as I pivoted around in front of the three-way mirror. "You've got a cute figure, Cami. You just gotta show off your assets," he teased.

"I'm just not sure," I replied, fussing with the neckline and smoothing my hand over my stomach.

Jess batted my hand away and gripped my shoulders. "Girl, where does all this self-doubt come from? You look hot."

"I guess I still see myself 40 pounds heavier when I look in the mirror. I still pick out the wrong size clothes and I still dress for my former body."

"That girl is gone, Cami. Quit being so hard on yourself. You looked great in all these!"

"Thank you for helping me," I beamed at his reflection over my shoulder.

"You should get them all."

I laughed as I began changing back into my own clothes. "I don't wanna be greedy. I told Chance I'd pay him back for whatever I bought."

"So take it out in trade," he suggested, wagging his eyebrows suggestively when I reappeared with an armload of dresses. He added, "If he was my boyfriend, I would."

We made our way to the checkout and Jesse helped me sort out my selections. "Chance isn't my boyfriend."

The sales girl rang up my purchases as Jesse eyed me suspiciously. "You don't come off as the fuck buddy type."