Pt. 15: Trust Me

The rest of the trip was uneventful

The rest of the trip was uneventful. I argued with Chance about letting me take a turn driving, but he insisted he was fine to finish it himself. I had suspected he wanted to avoid talking more by offering me his hoodie and suggesting I get some rest. I was tired, so I didn't put up much of a fight. I balled up his sweatshirt, made a pillow out of it and curled up next to Chance on the front seat. I felt him stiffen up when I curled my hand around his thigh.

But it wasn't like I meant to touch his dick. Oops.

"Sorry," I whispered, scooting closer to him and relaxing when he began playing with my hair. The gentle rocking of his car as it traveled along the highway quickly lulled me to sleep.

I felt Chance's fingers on my shoulder, gently shaking me. "We're here, baby."

We trudged into the hotel lobby, carrying our bags and stretching after the long trip. It wasn't too late yet, shortly before 8pm and I was ready for some real food.

Cheetos are not dinner.

We ambled up to the front desk, dropping our bags at our feet as Chance began the check-in process. I rested my elbows on the chest-high counter and glanced around at the posh surroundings. This was definitely the nicest hotel I had ever stayed in.

"I'll need to see your ID, Mr. Connor," the young red-headed clerk grinned widely. I couldn't help but notice the way her eyes kept drifting back to Chance and his tattoos. This was nothing new. Didn't mean I had to like it.

Chance handed it over, along with a credit card to keep on file. Suddenly, I felt him step behind me, pressing his body close to mine. He placed his hands on the counter and then let them drift down to grip my waist. I tipped my head to the side when I felt his nose in my hair.

"Damn, you smell good."

I laughed and leaned back against him, loving the way our bodies moulded so perfectly together. "I probably smell like gummi worms and Combos."

Chance laughed too and I could feel it rumbling through his chest and vibrating into me. "Like I said...you smell good."

I withheld a giggle when Chance pressed his face to the nape of my neck and kissed me softly. "It tickles," I whispered, wriggling in his arms, but it only made him hold me tighter. Oh darn.

I cocked my head to the side when Chance trailed his lips up the side of my neck. His hands slipped under my tee, his palm flattening against my no-so-flat stomach. My stomach muscles tensed as I tried to suck in my gut. "Stop that," he laughed, nuzzling his nose deeper into the crook of my neck.

I squirmed as he lightly tickled me, gently shoving his hands away even though I never wanted him to let me go. When I glanced up at the flirty desk clerk, I didn't miss her judgmental look. And she was disappointed too.

When I felt his pinkie dip behind the button on my jean shorts, I wondered if we were already falling into our roles as pretend boyfriend and girlfriend. I mean, that is why he brought me...right?