Pt. 25: So...Last Night

Have you ever seen something so horrific happen right in front of your eyes, yet it happened so fast, all you could do was stand there and watch it happen?

That's what just happened to me. 

"Go sit down," I barked at Chance. He was squaring up to Cami and she looked just as pissed as he did.

"This is ridiculous. I refuse to be around him right now," Cami growled.

"Go take a shower, Cami. And come right back when you're done, because we are gonna talk this out."

"But…" they both began, but I threw up a hand and stopped them.

"Just do it!"

Cami stalked off and Chance sunk into the couch, pressing on his temples. "What the fuck is is wrong with you?" I gave him a harsh glare and a kick to the shin when he wouldn't answer me.

"Hey!" he snapped. "This isn't all on me, ya know? She's guilty too!"

"How the hell did this even happen?"

Chance shrugged and ran his hand over his face. "I don't even know."

"I do," Cami announced as she stepped into the living room with wet hair and a hand on her shorts covered hip. "Chance was a jealous ass and was cruel to Kyle."

Chance jumped up and got in her face. "So that meant you just had to go home with him?? What the fuck, Cami? Do you have any idea how worried I was?"

Cami scoffed. "So worried that you went back to The Wharf and brought home the nearest available warm body to screw?"

"Chance, go!" I ordered. "Get a shower and then we can talk...calmly."

Chance glared at Cami and then took off. "Go wash that hooker stank off of you!" Cami shouted after him. He replied with a slammed bathroom door. I shook my head at Cami and wondered how it got this bad between them.

When they returned from Seattle and Cami was so upset about what she thought she had seen Chance doing with his boss, I knew then she was falling for him. I wasn't surprised. Her crush on him had always been clear as day to me. And I was fairly certain Chance wanted her just as badly.

Now I don't really care either way if these two end up as a couple or not, but if we were all going to keep living here together, we needed some peace. I can't have them fighting like they were earlier.

Well, I guess I should backtrack to when I woke up this morning. The bathroom door was shut and I assumed Cami was in there. I knew that she had spent the night in Chance's bed sometimes, but not at all this past week. But I was surprised to look up from my cup of coffee to find a haggard looking Chance walking an unknown blonde to our front door. He spoke to her quietly and it was obvious to me that he just wanted her gone. That was totally fine with me considering I wasn't too happy about Chance bringing a stranger home.