Pt. 11: This is the Guy?

I stretched and groaned, relishing that heavy feeling you get when you've slept hard

I stretched and groaned, relishing that heavy feeling you get when you've slept hard. Very hard. Like 'I didn't move all night long' hard. My arms stretched out across the bed and I only felt the coolness of my sheets.

Shit.

Suddenly the memories of last night with Chance, started flooding in. I lifted my head to glance around the room and found him nowhere. My stomach twisted with a sense of panic, because I wanted to wake up in his arms. I didn't want him to run away when he awoke from his drunken stupor, just to realize he had made a mistake. I didn't want him to take it all back.

I hoped he still wanted me like he did last night and not just because he was jealous of Kyle or because the whiskey had made him horny.

And I really didn't want him to run away from me again.

"Fuck!" I growled out through clenched teeth as I pulled my blanket over my head.

"Cami...baby, are you okay?"

I couldn't contain my smile when I heard the concern in his voice or the way he called me baby. "Yeah...I'm fine," I called out from under the blanket.

He peeled my bed covers back slowly and smiled down at me warmly. "What are you doing?"

I sighed and rolled my eyes. "I just wasn't ready to get out of bed yet."

"Who said you had to?" he grinned, looking young and sweet and...yummy.

I returned his smile when he sat next to me, propping himself up against my headboard before reaching over and presenting me with a tray of food. "What is all this?" I gasped, spying juice, coffee, a smoothie, eggs, fruit and more.

"This is what good girls get when they spend the night with me and don't run off," Chance explained with a mischievous twinkle in his eye.

"Yeah," I scoffed. "Like you never run away from me.

"Not today, Cami Baby. Now try my bacon," he urged, holding a perfectly crisped piece up to my lips. I loved the way his eyes followed my mouth and his eyes darkened when I moaned over how good it was.

"You're so good to me," I giggled as he fed me little bites of everything.

"Good," he hummed, turning to wipe the corners of my mouth with a napkin. "This nothing. You should see what I have planned for your surprise."

My mouth fell open when he cupped my jaw and tipped my head to the side. "Surprise?"

"Yeah," he murmured. "Close your eyes, Cami." I sighed when he pressed his lips to mine, his tongue swiping my lower lip and dipping inside to taste me. "I'm gonna eat you up," Chance moaned against my lips.

Mmmm...yes, please.

....

I stood watching Chance as he finished washing the last dish and began wiping down the counters. I appreciated the way his muscles flexed in his back as he made our kitchen spotless. "Such a good roommate," I teased.