xii.

"what's got you smiling like that, sweetheart?"

tom had entered the catering tent for a snack only a minute earlier and spotted joanna sat on her own, focused solely on the phone in her hands. joanna looked up at his voice to see him sat opposite her, chuckling at the deer in headlights.

"was i really just smiling at my phone like an idiot?" joanna's cheeks turned red with embarrassment as she locked her phone and discarded it next to her, giving tom her full attention.

"sort of, yeah." tom laughed softly, a wide smile taking over his features.

"that's pretty embarrassing, nice. i was just texting joe, trying to get him to visit."

"oh okay." tom faltered slightly.

how could he be feeling suddenly insecure about this man making joanna smile like that? he had no right to, be, barely being friends with her himself.

"will he be gracing our presence anytime soon?" his worry was now replaced with a smirk.

"maybe, yeah." joanna nodded.

"lovely. greta told me to grab you by the way, she's got some notes for us before the night shoot."

"ooh yay! i love that woman so much."

joanna accepted tom's outstretched hand and let him pull her up with a slight giggle.

"are you aware that you have the laugh of a child, darling?" he asked as they were walking together. joanna looked up at him with a frown, making the older actor laugh.