xxxiv.

joannabird pre-golden globes !!!! taken by izzy (: <3

joannabird
pre-golden globes !!!! taken by izzy (: <3

301,611 likes
79,583 comments

tom's attention had been on joanna as soon as she'd stepped on the stage. never wavering. she was presenting an award with another actor, but gun to his head, he hadn't the faintest idea who she was standing next to. in fact, he's forgotten that there was anyone else in the room entirely.

it had been three months since he'd last seen her, both of them being busy with their next projects. but she was here now, and tom couldn't help but admire how gorgeous she was. the surprise of seeing her here, unexpectedly, had brightened his night.

"and the nominees are!" joanna announced dramatically, earning a chuckle from the audience. as her co-presenter read out the nominees for best actor in a miniseries, joanna's eyes locked with tom's. the actress shot him a playful wink as tom looked up at her adoringly. he was only shook out of his trance when someone next to him gave him a nudge as his own name was called. he quickly composed himself and smiled for the camera he knew would be angled at him.

"and the winner is..."

"tom hiddleston!" joanna announced, genuine glee present in her voice for him.

"congratulations!" joanna hugged him tightly and kissed his cheek once he'd made his way to the stage. he was closer to her than he had been for months and relished in the moment. his hand lingered on her waist before stepping away.

"thank you darling, you look gorgeous." he whispered back, taking the award from her hands.

joanna blushed but didn't reply, stepping to the side to allow tom to do his speech. 

"i didn't know you were gonna be here!" joanna squealed as she jumped into tom's arms once they were backstage. his arms were tight around her waist, and his chin settled on top of her head. they were stood in an empty hallway a little bit off from the main stage. his award had been placed on the floor, the girl in his arms wiping his mind of anything other than herself.

"i didn't know that you'd be here either." tom replied, smiling as he felt joanna's face press into his shoulder.

"i wasn't supposed to be! dan just told me a few days ago!"

"what a lovely surprise."

"ive missed you."

"ive missed you too darling, so much. you look really well."

"I feel good now. tom-" joanna's tone was desperate and soft. she'd pulled away and was now looking up at him, tom's hands still on her waist. her hands toyed with the lapels of his jacket. "i've missed you in a different way than I miss my friends."

tom didn't even have a chance to process her words before joanna had moved away from him and begun to ramble nervously.

"i know is not the right time to say it, but you're here now, i just wanted you to know." she said quickly, her face flushing.

she tried to look down, not wanting to face whatever emotion his eyes would be holding, but tom's thumb hooked itself under her chin, tilting her face back up towards him.

"what-"

she was interrupted by tom's lips meeting hers. it was cliche, soft and gentle for a moment until joanna found her hands absentmindedly moving to the back of tom's head. she tugged lightly on his curls that he'd grown out since she'd last seen him, earning a small groan from him in response. one hand held the back of her neck and jaw tightly, while his other arm circled around her waist to pull joanna impossibly closer.

tom reluctantly pulled away after a few moments, smirking at the blush on joanna's cheeks.

"not here, darling." he mumbled, kissing her lips again lightly. "later."

"is that a promise?"

"i have to go to the press room quickly, but how about i meet you outside in thirty minutes?" tom placed a hand on joanna's cheek, smoothing over her soft skin with his thumb. "is that good?"

"yes." joanna nodded before reluctantly letting tom go.

her legs were weak underneath her as she watched him adjust his suit, pick up his discarded trophy and make his way to the press room.

( i read a one shot recently about tom meeting an actress when she presents an award to him and this was made using inspiration from them. so idea credit to that one shot on tumblr :) )