Chapter Four

Roman
"Remus, I don't think it would be that bad." Roman said. Remus was talking about school without Roman again. Roman knew that Remus just needed to talk it out so that's what he did. With moving in on Friday and then Saturday meeting his roommate, and Sunday night with Remus talking through the phone as Roman walked through the school once he finished talking with Virgil, he didn't have time to settle in at all.

The note was still in his pocket and he was listening to Remus ramble. Then Remus stopped. Both of them knew that he had to go. He had school and Roman needed to not be late to his first class. He really didn't register the fact he didn't have his brother. His roommate was kind and left him alone for the most part and offered to have lunch and breakfast with Roman. Roman accepted. He would rather be introduced to new people and maybe get his mind off of Virgil.

"Remus, I have to go. Curfew is soon and I don't want to get in trouble." Remus sighed.

"Why can't I move schools?" Remus said quietly.

"Because I said no. Now get rest. One of the guys will pick you up tomorrow." Remus said sure and he hung up. Roman sighed. He missed Remus. He had the blanket off to the side of his closet. The sweatshirt was also buried away. Roman did it unconsciously, he figured that he should indulge in feelings that he felt maybe just once. He slipped red sweatpants on and a white shirt.

His roommate wasn't there and he hoped that he wouldn't come back before Roman could figure out what he was truly feeling. He pulled the sweatshirt on and grabbed the blanket. He laid down.

It was almost 9pm, early but enough that he could wake himself up. He would wake himself up, get dressed the go wake up Remus, and-

He stopped his train of thought. He wasn't at home. He didn't have his brother anymore. He could smell his brother's cologne. Roman always hated it when they lived in the same house but now he felt at home. Roman clutched the blanket closer to him. That had the detergent that his mother loved to use. He also had the octopus stuffie near him.

He didn't feel the tears until they hit the pillow and he registered he was crying. He did this for his brother. He took the fall for Remus, to fulfill the promise he had made so many years ago. But that was easier when he was with his brother. Even when he was alone, he was never alone at home.

But at Westward...

He was alone. Roman got sleep that night but not before crying himself to sleep.

His alarm went off then his roommates went off. His roommate groaned but got out of bed. "Come on Roman. Let's go." His roommate said and gathered his things. He left and went to change in the bathroom, Roman got up and quickly changed. He was doing his hair when his roommate came back in.

"What time is it?" Roman asked.

"Dude, you set your alarm for 6:30 and you can't even remember?"

"Michael..."Roman whined. Micheal rolled his eyes.

"Alright, calm down. It's almost 7. Come on, don't forget your tie by the way." Micheal said and picked up his bag. Micheal was a nice person and he was smart too. Both Roman and Micheal were in the same math class they found out and some other classes. Micheal had offered to walk Roman around to help him. Patton showed him the classrooms but Roman didn't memorize it.

"Like I could forget." Roman said and Micheal shrugged.

"Just trying to keep you here and not getting detention on your first day." Micheal waited for Roman to get the tie and then his bag and leave. "You aren't going to tie it?" Micheal asked.