Chapter Nineteen

Roman
Roman was surprised when he saw Virgil round the corner, and he was even more surprised when Virgil walked right up to Janus. He was surprised when Virgil shook his head and the two seemed to have a conversation without words. Roman was being held by his collar, and he was trying not to be impatient.

"Virgil, I thought I told you to stay put?" Janus said quietly. Virgil held up his phone and pointed to the time. Roman was confused. Virgil went to Janus?

Janus sighed and shook his head. "I knew that would come back to bite me. Virgil, I need you to take my keys and go back to my dorm. Please." Janus said, Roman was still hanging in the air. Virgil shook his head. "Yes." Virgil shook his head again. "Virgil, please. I am asking nicely." Virgil seemed to think about something and Roman was hoping he wasn't actually planning on leaving.

Roman wouldn't blame him if he did. Roman was glancing between the two of them. Virgil moved away from Janus and then tapped his hand a number of times. Janus glanced over to Roman, Roman was staying quiet not really sure what to do. "You can't be serious." He said.

Virgil shrugged and then stood next to Roman. Roman wasn't sure what was going on. Virgil wasn't using notes or anything. So how was Janus understanding him? 

"You really are implying that I let him go? After what he's done?" Janus said. Virgil rolled his eyes and pulled his phone out and wrote something down. He showed Janus who scoffed. "I already said I don't blame you."

Virgil wrote another thing down. Janus read it and then looked back up at Virgil. Roman looked at Virgil and Janus.

"Hate to interrupt but can someone please tell me what is happening?" Roman asked. Both Virgil and Janus looked at him. Roman was looking at Virgil who lightly shook his head.

Roman got the message and shut up. "Shut up." Janus said. "Virgil, I ask you to rethink this." Virgil typed something down and showed it Janus who looked up at him. Roman was sure that Janus was a dick and really didn't care about anyone. But Roman recognized the look in his eyes, Janus looked at Virgil like Remus looked at Roman when he left for school.

Janus closed his eyes and then let Roman go. Roman fell and landed with a slight groan. "Fine, but one more thing and I will not be as kind. I am trusting you Virgil." Virgil nodded and the two watched as Janus walked away.

"I should thank you right?" Roman asked and Virgil nodded. He held his hand out and helped Roman up. Roman picked up his script that fell out of his hands. "Well, thank you." Virgil nodded. What did you tell him?"

Virgil smiled. "I just told him the truth." Roman smiled and his heart fluttered. He lov- really liked Virgil's smile.

Virgil helped Roman up and Roman picked up his script that was knocked out of his hand. Virgil then motioned for Roman to follow and walked around the corner. He picked up his bag and started walking again.

"Where are we going?" Roman asked quietly. Virgil didn't answer, and kept walking. He ran his hand against the wall. Roman was confused, what was he doing.

Suddenly, Virgil stopped. Virgil held a finger to his lips and checked the hallway, he pushed the wall to the side and it revealed a tunnel. It was dark, Roman did not like it.

Virgil ducked inside and motioned for Roman to follow him, but Roman just stared at him. "Everything okay?" Virgil's phone said.

"It's dark in there." Roamn said.

"Yeah, you've been in the tunnels before." Roman still stood by his fear.

"But I could barely see anyway, now I am fully aware of things. It's dark in there and I don't like it." Roman said.