Chapter Eleven

Logan and Janus
After dinner, Patton and Virgil went to visit the Headmaster for the night. That left Logan and Janus to talk or not even hang out. However considering the actions of both of them at dinner, they both needed to talk. Clearly Logan had information that Janus had asked for. Logan unlocked the door and let Janus in. Logan did his normal routine of a Saturday. Take his shoes off and set his clothes for the next day. He did this all while talking with Janus.

"So shall we discuss what happened at dinner?" Logan said. And Janus settled on a desk chair.

"If we must. But I can't get why Virgil is suddenly hanging out with Roman and why you and Patton are behind him." Janus said.

"I do not know Patton's reasons but I know my own. I suspect Patton's has to do with the fact of Virgil's change after Monday. He was happier after they had a bit more of an interaction. Virgil also made a giant leap in progress. That being said, with my own interactions with Roman and observing the two working in English, as well as Virgil's reaction after Monday, I can see what Virgil sees. He does care a lot about Virgil and Virgil seems to like him. I think that maybe Roman had a bigger impact than we know." Logan explained while refolding his clothes.

"Doesn't change he's a dick and maybe dangerous. I mean two arrests?" Janus scoffed.

"Need I remind you of your own record? You aren't exactly an angel either. And it looks like he finally stuck up for himself." Logan pointed out.

"I am trying to make up for that! That's all this last year has been! I did wrong and I am trying to fix it!" Janus said.

"And Roman has done nothing in the last month or two he has been here. We have to think that Roman had a motive behind those things. Does he really seem like the type to vandalize something?" Logan asked.

"I guess not. But still, what if he's lying to us?" Janus countered. "I think I would know, but I am not so sure he is being fully truthful. With any of us."

"I don't think he is. If he is, shouldn't he have a reason to as well?"

"And what do you mean after Monday? What progress did Virgil make?" Janus asked changing the topic. Logan sighed and moved over to his own desk chair and spun it so it faced Janus.

"I don't know exactly how many times it has happened but Roman has been getting his wounds tending to by Virgil. But Sunday night Roman had come to Virgil and you were screaming in the hall, I don't know how he did it but he was able to calm you down enough and make sure Roman was okay all while not freaking out himself. However, Roman had to stay overnight to not break curfew. He also snapped at Virgil which angered Virgil and came back and yelled at me." Logan said.

"Virgil talked?" Janus asked quietly. Logan nodded.

"I think by preventing them from coming together in public, they did in private. And you allowed them to do what we fought so hard to prevent. But at this point," Logan sighed. "I think we have to let them be. Which may be difficult for considering your feelings for Virgil." Logan said.

"I just don't want a repeat of last time." Janus said.

"None of us do, but we must give Virgil more credit as he progresses. He was so scared when he left us last time. When he came back, he wanted to so much more. So let's stop being the antagonist here, don't let jealousy cloud your judgement towards Virgil and Roman. Virgil might pull away from you the more you push against Roman. You don't have to like him, but tolerate him for Virgil." Logan gently said. Well as gently as he could.

"But I don't like him! I can't explain it but I don't!" Janus said. He was frustrated. Logan had said jealousy but was it really that? Did his feelings for Virgil grow that much and is that how people have perceived it?