Chapter Five

TW: There is a fight in this chapter and may be quite a few in coming chapters, they won't get into too much detail and there is going to be mentions of blood after so beware. If you want an explanation without the details, dm me and I will give you a rundown without the details.

Roman
    Roman had gotten impatient waiting for Micheal so he followed a few students as the flow went toward the dorms. As he made his way to his dorm, many people looked at him and whispered. He was wondering what they were talking about. Had the scene with Virgil traveled that fast? It literally happened not even ten minutes ago.

    Roman found his room and then put his bag down. He was glad he didn't have any homework and he decided to go exploring around the school, just to get more of a feel for it. Sure he had Saturday and Sunday to look around but he was preoccupied on both days. He just needed a distraction.

    Maybe he would call Remus when he got outside. He took off the tie but kept the dress shirt on. He looked in the mirror and ruffled his hair a bit and undid some of the buttons. There was Roman.

    The Roman he portrayed today was a bit of an imposter. He still scolded himself for possibly scaring Virgil. Roman still couldn't figure out why the emo was passing his mind so much. It was like a nightmare. He was trapped in an emo nightmare...

    He chuckled to himself, Emo Nightmare, it sounded like a nickname and one he was going to use next time he got to talk to Virgil alone. He noticed today how he was barely alone. Like the entire friend group moved in a pack, and it seemed like Roman was on Patton's bad side.

    He heard that he kid was a sweetheart, granted he was extremely nice during the tour and hadn't spoken to Roman since but the glares when Virgil wasn't looking said it all.

    Was that what his mother meant when saying that she wanted him to find someone to make him feel? Find someone who made him comfortable and someone he wanted to impress. Roman wanted to impress Virgil, but he was so used to the character he had created for himself when he started getting into fights in middle school..it was like second nature.

    The issue was when Roman saw Virgil sign in the library he was shocked and it took a lot to surprise him. The real Roman peeked through there. But not too much, just curiosity. Virgil and Janus had no doubt seen him interact with Remus. That was the true Roman. The Roman that cared so much about the people he loved that he would move mountains if they asked.

    Roman would be lying if he said he didn't miss when he wasn't so unfeeling. But it kept him from getting attached to the wrong people while making him the bad guy. Was that a habit that he could break just so Virgil and the others could see him really?

    Did Roman really want to change? Roman huffed and pushed the thoughts away. He was done thinking or even entertaining the thought. Virgil was only interesting to him because he didn't talk but could give Roman a run for his money. Or was Roman putting him on a pedestal that Virgil really didn't belong on?

    He grabbed his phone and slipped it into his pocket. That thought was ridiculous, of course Virgil belonged on a pedestal. He belonged on a fucking throne. Roman paused before opening the door. He hadn't had thoughts that wild in years. He was confused. He hadn't thought of himself as the "Prince" and Remus as the "Duke" in years. That's where the emblem came from. Roman really liked the medieval time period when he was younger and claimed that he was the prince and since Remus was his brother he would be a prince too until Roman inevitably became king to which Roman would name him a Duke.

In school, the twins were princes. Roman knew that in the circles the two run in Remus called himself the Duke. It was his alias for his art as well. Roman knew it was because that was a nickname that Roman had given him.