Chapter Thirty-Two

T.W: Brief mention of a panic attack and trauma. Also cute shit.
Roman
    After a very colorful session with Pranks, Roman had been pacing around the living room ever since. Pranks had apologized but Roman didn't want to hear it. The person who needed the apology was Virgil. Pranks said that he thought that Virgil was good with jokes because he was around Roman and that's how Roman was, but Roman didn't believe it.

    Remus had gone upstairs a while ago and didn't come back down. Roman figured it was because Virgil hadn't let him. Roman felt guilty and took that out on Pranks. He would have to apologize for just how far he did go but he really thought Pranks deserved it.

    Roman didn't tell him exactly what Virgil had gone through but the fact Pranks had held on to Virgil when he tried to get away wasn't okay and Roman had to make sure that was known. He had made a promise to himself and to Virgil. He that very seriously. Remus finally came back downstairs to a quiet living room. Liz had come home just as Roman finished and figured that the friends needed to be left alone.

    The only reason Roman didn't kick Pranks out was because Virgil wanted to meet him and Matt, if only Roman was able to catch up faster. Remus came in and looked around. Matt was sitting in a corner with headphones on, Pranks was sitting on the couch looking terrified, and Roman looked more than pissed.

Remus knew what went down more than anyone else and stayed out if it. He was upstairs the entire time and wasn't supposed to hear what was said. However, angry Roman was not a quiet Roman so he heard it anyway. He would interfere if it wasn't for Virgil really needing someone to sit with for a while so he could calm down.

    "Roman." Remus said and motioned for him to follow. "He's okay now. He just is embarrassed about having one, I know they won't mention it because of that reaction you had but be his Roman when you go in." Remus said and left him in the hallway.

    Roman walked up the stairs and went to his own room and didn't see Virgil. Confused he walked next door and saw Virgil in there playing with the lion stuffed animal he had gotten Remus. The rabbit was near the pillow. Virgil was just running his hands through it's mane and twisting it very carefully. Roman found it cute.

    Roman knocked and walked in, Virgil didn't look up and kept his focus on the stuffed animal. "Are you okay?" Roman asked quietly. He didn't want to startle him. Roman stayed over by the door. He didn't want to make Virgil uncomfortable. He just wanted Virgil to be okay.

    Virgil didn't move to say anything, Roman watched as he watched the scene. Virgil still looked upset, he didn't know what to do. Roman stayed where he was and sat down.

    "We have time. If you need it then we can stay here." Roman said to let Virgil know he could take time. Virgil looked up and made eye contact with Roman. Roman could see he had been crying and just wanted to hug him and hold him tight, but he was scared to send Virgil into another attack.

    Virgil found his notepad in his pocket and wrote something. Roman got up and moved to the bedside. I am sorry. Remus said this would happen.

    "You don't need to be, Pranks doesn't know when to stop and I hadn't told them about you being mute because I would rather have you there when I did or have your permission before hand. I wasn't expecting you to want to meet them so badly, not that it's a bad thing. If you want I can get them both to leave." Roman rambled and saw Virgil get slightly angry. Virgil shook his head.

    No, a panic attack isn't going to stop me from meeting your friends. I am sure there is a reason why he said what he said. Was it all okay? Not really. A little fucked up? Yeah. Roman watched Virgil write fast. Roman realized Virgil was upset with himself.