Chapter Thrity-Six

Roman

    Roman was winning Cards Against Humanity again that night, they also played a number of other games over the course of the three hours they had the room for. It was almost 11 and they needed to get back to the dorms. Roman, Micheal, and Virgil were walking back to Roman's dorm.

    Virgil was settled on his back, Roman was giving him a piggyback because Virgil didn't want to walk.

    Roman had told Micheal he wasn't going to be in the dorm that night and not to wait up. Micheal just nodded and unlocked the door. Roman placed Virgil on his bed who just flopped on his back. His hair fell over to his eyes and he smiled. Roman felt a fondness come over him.

    Micheal had grabbed his clothes and went to change for bed. Virgil was playing with the stuffed octopus again. Roman smiled wider.

    "We can take it with us if you like it that much." Roman said. Virgil slipped his phone out.

   "Nah, it's just giving me something to do while I wait."  His phone said.

    "I forgot I have to keep you entertained all the time or you get restless." Roman said. He was finishing when Micheal came out of the bathroom. He knelt down to Roman.

    "Alright, all set. Let's hit it." Roman said.

    Virgil rolled off the bed and got Roman's coat from behind the door. Micheal looked and raised an eyebrow but said nothing.
It seemed that Virgil knew Roman knew something but. Roman didn't know what he knew. Virgil walked with him and Roman couldn't help but smile at the fact Virgil was holding Roman's coat with two arms like he was hugging it. His backpack was worn fully on his back and he didn't transfer it to one shoulder like he usually carried it.

    Roman liked the small moments where he could just watch Virgil, those were his favorites. He liked watching the small movements of his face when he was doing a math problem or writing a response to a prompt for his psychology class.

    Roman almost took the same course just to watch Virgil but he didn't have the space for it. They got to Virgil's apartment and settled in. Virgil went to the bathroom to change and Roman quickly changed in the room itself. He looked around. Virgil had rearranged the room slightly. The bed was in the same place as was the canvas and all his drawings but he moved a set of drawers from the side of his bed to underneath and a small table was set up in the corner where he assumed the set of drawers were.

    The table was a dark color and covered in a lace tablecloth. On it there were candles and what looked like an incense burner. Could they have incense here or did Virgil just use it and get away with it? Next to it was a small bookshelf that held a bunch of journals and some tarot decks. Roman recognized those from when he bought Virgil the steampunk deck. That deck was sitting out on the table with a white crystal on them.

    He went to reach out to the crystal but he heard the bathroom door open. Virgil walked out and saw him over by the table. Roman looked at him and smiled weakly. "I wasn't doing anything." Virgil rolled his eyes and Roman went to brush his teeth.

    Roman figured he was in trouble, so he tried to apologize when he walked out but instead he saw Virgil lighting some candles while mouthing words. Roman wasn't sure what he was doing but he left him to it. Roman tried to be as quiet as possible while he did.

    "You don't have to be quiet, he's quite good at what he does." Roman froze. It wasn't Virgil who spoke because he was on the other side of the room to where the voice came from. It didn't sound like Logan or Patton, so Roman slowly turned to look at the source of the voice.