Chapter Twenty-Eight

A/N: Virgil's birthday upload!

Roman
    Roman sat in his room, his friends were going to be over soon but couldn't bring himself to care. He was too distracted by the flowers that Virgil had given him. They were in a vase with enchanted water that kept them fresh for as long as possible. Until he figured the message out, he wasn't going to worry about it.

    Today was Virgil's birthday. Roman had texted him to say happy birthday, but he hadn't heard anything back. Maybe Patton had kept him busy all day. He sighed and then pushed his chair back. It rolled away from the desk where the flowers were.

    What the hell was Virgil trying to get at? There was no other note anywhere on the arrangement or in the flower petals. The flowers were very pretty, and he loved them but he had no idea what Virgil wanted to say.

    Remus said it could be that Virgil likes Roman the way that Roman likes Virgil, but Roman shut that down claiming that he couldn't do that to him. What if he was wrong? He could lose Virgil and he couldn't.

    Roman heard the door open downstairs and Remus say that Roman was in his room. Roman threw his not caring facade back on, it felt unnatural again. He kept comparing his life at home to his life at school and couldn't stop. A friend knocked on the door.

    "Come in." Roman said, sounding bored and still looking at the flowers.

    "Hey.." The guy said and drew out the y. "What are you doing?" He asked. Roman turned around and was met with a friend that went by the nickname Pranks.

    "None of your business." Roman said and got up. "We going out?"

    "I guess we could but why do you have flowers?" Pranks pushed. "No offense, but you don't seem the flowery kind of guy."

    "Did I stutter? If I say drop it, then do so."

    "Well, it's just a little weird seeing something that is like that in your room, that's all I am saying." Pranks leaned against the doorframe.

    "Whatever, let's get in the car." Roman said and closed the door without another look at the flowers. Pranks sighed and followed him.

    "I'll just ask Remus then." Roman stopped and turned around, the two were on the stairs.

    "No, but I am not going to go too far into it. They were a gift from someone at school." Roman said.

    "A special girl?" Pranks asked.

    "I am gay." Roman reminded him coldly.

    "So...special guy then?" Pranks asked. Roman scoffed and rolled his eyes. "You didn't say no."

    Roman got to the bottom of the stairs. "I didn't because the two of us are currently in a weird limbo stage that isn't exactly defined. We are just two people who need to talk about it, but currently I can't." Roman said and grabbed his car keys.

    "What are we talking about?" Remus asked while being followed by another friend.

    "Roman's flowers." Pranks said while smirking. Roman sighed.

    "Flowers?"

    "Yes, Matt. Flowers. Apparently they were a gift from someone back at Westward." Pranks said.

    "I didn't know that Roman liked flowers." Matt said.

    "It's just a gift, get off my ass. Now we are going or not, if you aren't going to shut it and get in the car I am not going to drive you." Roman said and walked out of the house. He unlocked the car door and the friends got in, Roman started the car and pulled out of the driveway.