When the main 3 are sick

[ my favourite sappy tropes about getting to look after the LIs! ;w; :33 ]

Sage

You're taking the woodland track from Mournfall to Porrima, Sage leading the way with the same cagey grin as ever. The only reason you can tell something's up is the fact that he's steadily losing his voice.

Genuinely doesn't notice he's sick. You stumble on the path and Sage catches you against him, which is when you realise he's so feverish that his chest is actually burning your hands.

Once you point it out to him, he scratches his head as if this suddenly explains a few things, like why he feels so dizzy he can barely stand.

He doesn't try to deny it though, he just chuckles and tries to reassure you that this is really nothing. He's full of trying-his-luck teasing about you obviously just wanting to snuggle (i.e. Sage for he can handle it and worse) but pipes down once he realises he isn't bothering you and you'd rather just take a moment to make sure he's okay.

Even though it was you who suggested taking a break, Sage seems startled when you actually build a small fire for tea. He's clearly not used to having anyone make him anything. He does a terrible job of pretending he knows how to respond, which really just ends in him awkwardly holding the cup in both hands and staring at you, his cheeks bright red and his ears dipped outward.

He finally admits his head aches a bit, and you let him rest his head in your lap while you stroke his ears and hair. You're careful to be very gentle with him as his reactions to touch seem oversensitive right now.

You can lull Sage easily by stroking him, his ears really do feel warm with fever. You touch the back of your hand to his forehead and see his pupils momentarily flick to look up at you, as if he's not quite sure what this means, or if he'd tolerate it from anyone else.

He hesitates, then ventures his hand toward yours. His palm feels rough, but his fingers are careful as he curls his hand softly in yours. His breath slowly eases as you keep running your fingers through his hair.

In the morning it's like he was never sick, he's amused at your reaction as he's used to recovering this quickly.

But later he admits he kind of likes the fuss you made.

Anisa

Anisa lets you know she's feeling slightly under the weather. She looks a bit embarrassed but assures you there's no cause for concern, she just wants to make sure you don't get sick too. And also explain that if she's acting slightly off, it's definitely not anything you've done!

Uh oh... actually she is acting a bit strangely. Apparently feeling drained means Anisa has to work twice as hard to make up for it. You catch her setting off for early morning patrols and taking reports home with her at night. She laughs off your protests, but finds it really endearing that you care.

Later Anisa is laughing far more sheepishly after she nearly collapses at the docks from exhaustion. She genuinely apologises for scaring you, but you mean it when you say you're just glad you were there. She leans her arm around your shoulders for support as you walk her home.

You're definitely going to make sure she takes it easy and takes care when she needs it most.

You two stay at Anisa's for a couple of days, and she ends up telling you lots of funny stories about her days in the Starsworn with Felix and Sage.

You often pop out to the market to bring her back different yummy street foods to make her feel better. She insists you take the first bite of all of them because she gets just as enthused about seeing you try all her favourites for the first time.

Felix

You keep trying to convince him to join you on one of your morning strolls in the woods, and the one time Felix agrees you both get stuck in a downpour. This results in a very drenched/waterlogged Felix, his hair plastered to his face and his clothes heavy and soaked.

Felix refuses to portal himself back on principle. You're not exactly sure what principle he's referring to (he only mutters something about early mornings being cursed)... but actually you suspect he's trying his best to be good company, you did want him to join you after all.

In spite of stepping over every branch very awkwardly in his wet clothes, Felix surprises you by cheering up and seeing the funny side of it on the walk back... being with you affects him like that.

He's very cold though, he keeps his jaw clenched to keep his teeth from chattering and you insist on swapping jackets with him, no arguments. Yours is a wool one that stays warm while wet.

By the time Fathom Tower is in sight he's shivering so badly that you don't trust him to open a portal even if he could. You offer him a piggyback, which earns an incredulous laugh and his insistence that he'd have to be well beyond death's doorstep before he suffered such an indignity or inconvenienced you in such a way.

You reply that as a necromancer, death's doorstep is probably so far behind him that you can't even see it in view anymore. Plus you could kind of use the warmth too.

And so you arrive back at the tower with one very drowned looking necromancer huddled into your back. He keeps up a flustered babble of complaints so you know he's still alive, but then keeps having to pause and pinch his nose to stop himself from sneezing ('s-sorry! again. you can put me down if needs be-')

He's heavier than he looks.

You do manage to crack him up when he sees how genuinely stunned you are that he can go down so quickly after barely ten minutes of rain.

You grab as many blankets as you can, then sit in front of the fire to warm up together.

Felix apologises for what he calls 'being a handful'.

Later, when you return with two cups of tea, you find him softly snoring by the fire, using your (now dry) jumper as a pillow. Even though there are other cushions in the room. And he would've had to get up to retrieve it. Which he won't recall doing later. At all.