You pick Sage up and carry him

[ just really short fluff with Sage!! (I always want more soft moments with him!! :') ]

-

Sage has about a hundred stories about carrying a one-drink-and-he's-tipsy Felix home, or hoisting Anisa across his shoulders when there was no other way she'd back down from a fight. You know Sage was always the one to go back if someone was hurt in battle. Now that you think about it, Sage has even carried you since you've been here, when you were both avoiding Sage's latest enemies and Sage figured your footsteps would be more silent if you just weren't putting your feet on the ground at all. (You were not impressed).

One evening at the Runny Eye, you jokingly ask for a story where someone had to carry Sage for once instead. And... Sage just scratches his head, and replies that there aren't any.

Not even... one? You try to jog his memory, surely one of his fellow mercenaries must've at least dragged him home after a night of drinking one time. But Sage just bursts into genuine laughter, asking if you really think the Griefers went around tucking people into bed. He tries to shut himself up when he sees you were serious, saying it's sweet that you could think that way about a gang, but no, this is why Felix has even seen him sound asleep in a gutter.

Sage eyes you curiously over the drinks that follow this conversation, wondering if he's maybe teased you a bit too much. In truth, you just feel a bit sad knowing there were probably plenty of times in Sage's life where things ended without anyone really caring where he was.

"C'mere," Sage says gently, tugging you from your thoughts. He's sitting atop one of the higher bar stools, and when you stand facing him, his legs can easily straddle your hips from the front. He wraps his arms around your shoulders, and carefully lifts himself onto you in such a way that he's doing most of the work. He is still really, really, incredibly heavy as you stand back with him in your arms, even if he is trying his best to balance his weight against your chest.

Against all odds, you manage to keep him steady. Sage tentatively rests his cheek against your ear, throwing you a quiet little grin that isn't even teasing.

Anisa's mouth falls open and Felix nearly drops an entire glass of wine when they turn from their conversation and see a whole Sage in your arms. But Sage apparently couldn't care less if the entire bar saw you carrying him. When Felix asks what in the seven hells is happening, Sage just sleepily smiles and replies, "I'm getting carried back."