3 times you accidentally call Felix 'baby' (+ 1 time he says it first)

[ ajsfshs did you guys see this cute art of Felix that was teased today?? LiterateLoki messaged me Felix news and I woke up straight away!!! xDD  He's wearing the shirt that he wears with his newest 'prince' outfit, and we seem to be at a pool at Escell's estate. Maybe we are helping him recover after he wakes up in his own body (after just poisoning himself in order to project his spirit in the last chapter)?? He's pulling the face he usually makes when he's hurt/injured, but also blushing... so possibly some tender caretaking from us?? I hope so?? :33

I thought I'd post a very soft/dorky Felix fic I wrote, this art is giving me a lot of feels!! ;w; I can't help imagining Felix would inwardly melt at you being soft with him or calling him 'baby', but be slightly tongue-tied when it comes to admitting anything of the sort.. ]

-

I

The first time it happens is an accident, you weren't planning it, you'd never even thought about using such a soft, silly name for him. But Felix is in tears, not in a quiet, courtly way, but sobbing heartbreakingly into your shirt as he admits he's been parted from every person who ever loved him back.

You have your arms wrapped tight around him, his tears seemed to take him by surprise. He's sniffling congestedly into your front, he keeps trying to give you a shaky smile when you whisper things like 'shh-hh' or 'I'm here, I've got you...'

Before you realise it, the words that come from your heart are 'ohh baby, it's okay...'

Felix, meanwhile, is both overwhelmed at how kind you're being towards him, and horrifically embarrassed to behave like this in front of you. He hadn't planned on humiliating himself today, and now he can't seem to take a breath without sobbing, he's wiped his nose way too many times on his sleeve and is desperately hoping you don't find him gross.

But all of this seems so much less awful when he realises you would say something so sweet and touching to him, even when he's in such a state. Felix quickly has to mop up his face all over again because what you said made him cry even more. He's also aware of exactly how godawful his voice is going to sound when he's like this, so he spares telling you that his stupid heart would probably burst if you ever wanted to call him that again.

But the thing is... you afterwards only call him 'Felix'. And so eventually, Felix has to resign himself to the fact that it was probably a one-time thing. He tells himself not to be such an insufferable fool, going around hoping you find him adorable and the like.

II

Until it happens again.

You're helping Felix fetch a spellbook from the upper shelves in his study, he's hoisting you up, his arms around your waist to lift you, so you can reach just that tiny bit higher than him and read out the titles.

All of a sudden Felix has to quickly set you down, fumbling through an incoherent apology before he sneezes so alarmingly that you think he's been taking lessons from Sage.

Your expression quirks with amusement, you find it incredibly cute that such a chaotic outburst can come from your small necromancer. But Felix is already stuttering about a hundred things about dust, he already looks so embarrassed that you don't think he's going to appreciate any teasing. Your straight face is put even further to the test when Felix nearly holds onto your elbow in worry, apparently he doesn't trust himself not to fall over as he sneezes again.

"Awww, baby," you say sympathetically. You're trying to tell him it's really okay, at least before you start giggling at his vexed expression.

But then a split-second later he no longer looks vexed at all. A blush spreads over Felix's cheeks as he sniffles, the line of his mouth crumpling as if he's trying to string together a response, but can't quite spit it out.