6

Beyonce POV

I walked down the stairs on my way to my parents living room. I'm such in a great mood because I had an amazing night with Onika last night.

"Good morning family," I said entering the living room.

"Hey baby sis," I heard.

I turned and I couldn't contain my excitement. "Hakeem!" I squealed as I jumped into his arms. I wrapped my legs around his waist and buried my face in the crook of his neck. "I've missed you so mush."

He rubbed my back. "I'm sorry I didn't make it to the VMAs," he said.

I looked at him. "I won-"

"Three VMAs. I watched the award ceremony," he completed my sentence.

Hakeem walked us to the living room couch. I sat on his lap and he started playing with my hair.

"Why are you still in your pyjamas Bey?" Amethyst said.

I sucked my teeth. "I've just woken up from my slumber child," I said.

"Baby, its one in the afternoon," mom said.

I looked at the time and saw that she wasn't joking. "I must have been very tired from last night," I said.

My mom scrunched up her face. "Last night? What was happening last night?"

"Were you at some club?" Dad asked.

Are you kidding me right now? I've been preaching for over a week about the VMAs. I've been telling my parents about it countless times.

"The VMAs mom. She was at the VMAs," Amethyst said nonchalantly.

My mom still looked lost. "What are those?" She asked.

Hakeem gave a nervous chuckle. "Come on mom. VMAs? Beyonce has been going there since she started her music career," he said.

"Right," mom said then she shook her head. "Anyways, why didn't you come with my grandbabies and my daughter Hakeem?"

That just killed my vibe.

I can literally feel the Middle Child Syndrome kicking in right now.

I got off Hakeem lap and I stood up. "Where you going baby sis?" Hakeem said as he held my wrist.

"I'm going upstairs to my house to have breakfast," I said lowly.

"Can I come with?" Amethyst asked.

I looked at her and smiled weakly. "Sure. Come on," I said and she immediately jumped out of her seat.

"Don't forget that we're going to your brother's gala dinner tonight," mom said. "Show up this time would yah. Unlike last year."

I mentally rolled my eyes. "How was I going to make it? I was doing a concert in Pairs. Plus, you guys told me on the eleventh hour. You literally told me thirty minutes before I got on stage," I said.

"Mmmm-hmmm," she said in a condescending tone.

I sucked my teeth as I continued walking with Amethyst.

"Congratulations again Bey," she said.

I'm glad someone remembered unlike my parents who don't give a damn. They didn't even congratulate me on my wins or even my nominations.

Anyways, let me focus on what imma wear to my big brother's gala dinner.

***

"You and your husband did a really great job on this gala dinner," I said to Rosé, Hakeem's wife for ten years.

"Thank you Bey," she said. "Also, congratulations on your VMAs, you deserve them," she said warmly.

I love Rosé. Hakeem really picked a precious one with her. The bonus is their two sweet little angels.

"Is that an ice cream machine?" I asked as I pointed.

"Yep. It was inspired by you. You've always said we need to spice up such events. There's no harm in having your old school sweet dessert," she said.

"Awe, thank you sis. That means a lot," I said hugging her. "Imma go and get myself a brain freeze," I said breaking the hug. "Imma go find Amethyst so that we'll have em' together," I said looking around for her.

I walked away in search for her. "No fair. Hakeem has already got himself ice cream," I heard from behind. I turned and it was Amethyst.

This feels like the good old days where by we'll all hang out in the ice cream shop and have all types of ice cream.

The three of us had ice cream together. There were all types of toppings which made it hard to choose.

"Fuck this. I'm putting all of the toppings," I said and I did so. From rainbow sprinkles to gummy bears. It was a confection paradise.

"Oh my goodness. What are you doing here?" I heard mom say as she stomped our way. "Hakeem, you should know better," she spat.

Hakeem finished munching on his waffle cone. "Mom, I was just-"

"You should know better than to let Beyonce talk you into having this monstrosity in such a fine established," she interjected.

Well, she's no fun and-... Hold up, I didn't talk nobody into having this ice cream machine. I might have suggested it but I sure as hell didn't convince them into bringing it here.

"Mom, I didn't-"

"Now get y'all behinds back in there. We're about to take pictures," mom cut me mid sentence.

"Yes ma'am," we all said.

We went to take the pictures. Imma need glasses after this because the flashes might have hurt my eyes.

"Okay, that's enough pictures," dad said.

I went back to one of the tables and sat there and looked around.

"Hey," I heard. This man said as he sat next to me.  "I'm Dexter," he said.

"Nice to meet you Dexter," I said slouching on my chair.

"You're pretty," he said.

"Thank you," I said nonchalantly.

He moved his chair closer to me. "I was watching you when you were licking your ice cream," he said inching his face closer to me.

I turned and gave him and appalled expression. "Ewe, you were watching me lick my ice cream?" I said and he nodded his head.

"I know something else you can lick sweet thang," he said licking his lips.

I sat up and looked at him while smiling. "I know it too," I said fixing his bow tie.

His face lit up. "Word?"

"Yep," I said smiling which immediately turned into a sinister smile. "Your blood off my fingers after I sacrifice you to Satan."

Dexter's face immediately went pale and he swallowed hard. "Ummm, I-I should g-g-get back to m-m-my wife. Bye," he stuttered and he got off his seat.

"Serves you right," I said to myself as I watched him walk away.

"Why you gotta scare the poor man?" I heard Rosé as she came and sat next to me.

I busted out laughing. "I was just having some fun," I said. "Why aren't you with Hakeem?"

Rosé heavily sighed. "Chile, I told my man that I can't stand anymore. Them heels are killing me so I told him that imma go sit down."

We talked until the gala dinner was over.