20

Beyonce POV

Nika, Ava and I are on our way to my patents place for the lunch we were invited to.

I stopped my car in front of the main gate and lowered my car window. "Hello Jeff," I said warmly.

He came to me with a smile on his face. You'd swear someone just told him the greatest news of his life from the way he was immediately rejuvenated.

"Hello Bey. I haven't seen you around these parts in a while," he said.

I sighed. "I just wanted to get away from certain stuff and get some space," I said.

He nodded his head in agreement. "Let me not keep you hogged up here. You can go," he said then he went to open the gate for me. I thanked him and I drove inside.

"Here goes nothing," I said as we finally made it to the front door. I rang the door bell and we waited.

I heard footsteps hurtling towards the door a few moments later. The door swung open and it was my dad who opened the door.

"Hey you two. I'm so glad you came," he said happily which was weird on my side because this man is never excited to see me.

"Hi dad," I said. I turned and brought Nika closer to me with her waist. "You already know Onika. That's Ava," I said pointing at Ava who was clinging onto Nika's leg like her life depended on it.

"You guys can come in," he said.

I turned and picked up Ava and placed her on my hip and she immediately buried her face in the crook of my neck. I held Nika's hand and led her inside. We got to the dining room and everyone was already there.

We greeted everyone and I pulled out Nika's chair for her and I made myself comfortable next to her. Ava sat comfortably on my lap.

"Hakeem, I thought you already left," I said looking at him.

"I had to put a couple of things on hold because mama wanted us to have this lunch," He said and I nodded.

Lunch got served and as usual, my family were interacting with each other plus Nika and Ava. They'll occasionally ask me questions and I gave them one word answers.

"So Beyonce, are you moving back to your house?" Mom asked.

"Since y'all have been on my neck for the past two years about me moving out, I've decided to finally make your wishes come true and move out," I dryly said.

"What if we don't want you to leave?" Mom said lowly.

I chuckled bitterly. "Like that's gonna happen," I said.

"Look Bey, when you were gone we realized some few things," Mom said then she sighed. "We're sorry."

I almost chocked on my pumpkin pie but I calmed myself by talking a sip of my water. I've never heard mom apologizing to me.

"What are you sorry for?" I asked.

"I know my apology is long overdue but I'm sorry. I'm sorry about the way we treated you, we made you feel unwanted and made you feel like you are not important in this family," mom said.

"You were doing so much in this house and we never even noticed it until you were gone," dad pitched in.

I looked at Ava who sat on my lap then I covered both her ears with my hands because shits bout to go down.

"Ain't that but a bitch," I said then I chuckled. "So you're trying to tell me that you all suddenly had an epiphany? Is that what you're trying to say?" I spat as I looked between my parents.

"Look Bey, its not that. Its-"

"Then what is it Hakeem?!" I interjected as I glared at him. "You guys are not sorry. You've only just now realized that you're all snobs. You want me to stay for your own personal gain because of all the things I've been doing in this mansion that I was never fucking thanked for!"

Mom sniffled. "We're sorry-"

"Is 'sorry' really today's word of the day? I don't want your apologies no more. I'm moving whether y'all like it or not. I'm sick and tired of being treated like trash just because I'm different and don't fit in your perfect little lives. I've tried reaching out to y'all too many times and now I've reached the breaking point," I said and the room lapsed into silence.

"Mommy, move hands," Ava whined as she used her baby hands to move my hands from her ears.

"Sorry hun," I said then I kissed her cheek.

"Mommy, I sleepy," Ava said drowsily as she rubbed her eyes then she laid her head on my chest.

I turned and looked at Nika. "Baby, let's go. Ava wants to sleep," I said.

"Come on Bey, don't walk away and let's talk," Hakeem said.

I cocked my head at his direction. "With all due respect but I ain't got time for y'all fake love. We're leaving now because my daughter here is feeling sleepy. I wanna get her to bed before she gets cranky," I said getting up but Nika held my wrist.

"Don't go baby. Please hear them out," she said with pleading eyes. I can't say 'no' to those cute eyes of hers. Why she gotta be so difficult?

I sighed and I sat back down. "I'm only staying because of you," I said looking at Nika then I pecked her lips.

"We're are not saying you should forgive us over night but we can take this one step at a time. We can start over bit by bit. What do you say?" Mom said.

Looks like I don't have a choice here. Let's just hope that their hearts are in a good place and that they actually mean it about the whole starting over thing.

I sighed. "Okay. I guess we can start over," I said lowly and all of their faces lit up. "I'm also sorry that I used to give y'all a hard time. I guess if we meet each other halfway then we'll eventually get to a good place," I said.

"Thank you baby," mom said and I smiled weakly at her.

I felt Nika intertwining our fingers and she kissed the back of my hand. "I feel like this is a step in the right direction baby," she smiled at me.

Onika POV

I'm happy for my baby. Let's hope that both parties will try to make amends.

"Thank you for the lovely lunch Mr and Mrs Knowles," I said as Bey and I walked out of the door.

Mrs Knowles came and hugged me. "I'm just glad you guys came," she said then she turned and hugged Bey. "Drive safe baby."

Bey gave her a side hug since she held a sleeping Ava on her hip. "Okay mama," she said warmly. She went to her dad and hugged him too.

"See you later kido," Hakeem said slightly pinching Beyonce's cheek.

"I ain't no kid. I'm a grown woman. I can do whatever I want," she said. She looked at Amethyst. "I'll see you later sassy mouth."

"Takes one to see one," Amethyst said.

Beyonce rolled her eyes and we said our final goodbyes together then we headed back to the car.

"Give me our baby," I said with my arms out and Beyonce handed me Ava. She opened the door for me and I got in the passengers seat and placed Ava on my lap then she went to the driver's seat.

"Well, the lunch went better than expected," Beyonce smiled as she buckled her seatbelt. "I have never received so many apologies in one day."

I looked at her and ran my fingers along her jawline. "I'm happy for you babe," I smiled at her.

She leaned closer to me. "I think I deserve a reward," she whispered in my ear as her hand rubbed my thigh.

I looked at her with a raised eyebrow. "Girl bye," I said then I playfully pushed her away.

She chuckled as she leaned back on her seat then she started the car. "So you're playing hard to get? Fine by me. I know I always get what I want," she said.

"Stop talking and let's go home," I said.