13

Beyonce POV

"Can you play that back for me Jay," I said to him as we were busy in the studio.

I was helping Jay plan out the perfect proposal for him and Claire. He said he wants to make it memorable and special.

"I think you should use this song. Its the perfect song for the occasion," I said slightly spinning around on my spinning chair.

Jay wrote down something in his notebook. "I don't know Bey. The song is kinda old," he said.

"Nigga please. Its old but its romantic and sweet. Its perfect for the occasion, trust me."

Jay sighed and he went back to writing whatever he was writing.

"Hey you two," I heard.

Jay immediately closed his notebook and looking like some sort of crack head as he crossed his legs.

"Hey baby. W-what are you umm, what are you doing here?" Jay asked as Claire took a chair and sat next to him.

"What do you mean? Can't I bring my boyfriend food?" Claire said picking up the bag from Popeye's. "What's up with you Jay? Why are you so jumpy babe?"

I couldn't help it, I started cackling at his odd behaviour. Jay looked a kid who was caught stealing candy in a candy store.

"What's so funny Bey?" Jay said through gritted teeth and I busted out laughing.

"Sorry y'all. I just remembered a joke Onika told me the other day," I lied as I caught my breath.

"Were you two busy with something? I can come back later," Claire said getting up but Jay pulled her back but this time he sat her on his lap.

"You didn't interrupt anything baby, Bey was just leaving," Jay said.

"I was?" I asked with an arched eyebrow.

"Yes you were," Jay said through gritted teeth.

Well but damn. I can take a hint. I know when I'm not needed.

I sighed as I got up. "Don't be getting freaky in the studio. The rest of the world uses it," I said. "See y'all later."

"Aye Bey?" Jay said and I turned around. He gave me the middle finger.

I smiled. "Right back at yah fish lips," I said saluting him then I got out the door.

***

I decided to go drop by at Popeye's because my greedy ass was craving it.

I went straight home but I decided to go to the home library where I knew Onika and Amethyst were busy at. I know that their break was gonna be in a few minutes.

I got inside the library and they were busy with English. I placed the bag of Popeye's on the table and went to sit on my recliner.

I slouched on my recliner as I stared at my bae teaching. She looked up and got a glimpse of me and I could see her blushing. Amethyst turned and I grabbed my phone and pretended like I was busy with it.

"Let me end here for now and we'll continue after our forty minute break," Onika said and she put the white board marker down.

I stood up and went to them with my bag of food.

"Oh great, you brought food," Amethyst said cheerfully as she reached for the bag but I swatted her hand away. "Damn Bey," she said rubbing her sore hand.

"Touch the bag and you'll never touch anything again," I spat. "Now go get us some plates, cups and a Pepsi from my house."

Amethyst sucked her teeth. "You are such a bully Giselle," she said.