4

Dipper's POV

I've been searching the forest for quite a bit now. I stopped at a clearing, just to take a rest, but something makes me stop.

A smile somehow makes it to my face.

I found it.

I approached the statue and carassed its face. Bill's statue's face. Oh, how I miss this insane demon.

Was Bill ever human or was he born a demon? This is something I have been wondering for a while. My years of research made me think that it was possible he was human, but there was never any proof, even if I wracked my memories from when I knew the demon.

Sometimes, I'd also suddenly think. What if we hadn't defeated and locked him away? I doubt me and Mable would have ever made it back to California. Maybe.. just maybe if we didn't defeat him, I wouldn't be this fucked up in the head! Maybe if I had stayed as Grunkle Ford's assistant instead of thinking of Mable. Just maybe.. I wouldn't be suffering, thinking about.. all the possibilities.

Thoughts like those were what wandered my mind every time I think of him. Thoughts like those make me hate Mable sometimes. If only she had been less selfish, and let me stay.. well, no use on whining now.

I missed all the adventures, the weird, the mysteries. I missed the thrill. I missed having to think about loopholes, getting tricked.

"Hey, Bill? Can you hear me?" I asked the statue as if it would answer me. Could he here me? Maybe, maybe not.

"Well, I was wondering.. were you ever human?" I said as I caressed it's face. I lost all hate for this demon. He made things fun. And, seriously. If people didn't summon him for deals, Bill wouldn't even be in Gravity Falls. I continued to talk to the statue. Spilling my thought, "I've kinda missed you, you know? No one bothers to listen to me anymore," I started off. Mom and dad really don't talk to me much. Maybe it's because I'm the quiet one in the family. Mabel only comes to me for favors, or when her friends are busy. And I don't think Grunkle Stan or Grunkle Ford are fun to talk to anymore. They're a lot old now.

"Everything has changed here. It's actually my first time back since Weirdmageddon," I talked to him. I sat on the ground and leaned on the statue's feet. I sighed, "Almost everyone is pretending nothing ever happened here, and me and Mable drifted off, too.. Everyone is just.. happy, and, ignorant. It irritates me," I stood up and faced the statue.

"Let's make a deal," I looked at the eye of the statue with determined eyes. "I'm so sick of everyone here, so let's make a deal. I know you're still alive. A memory gun wouldn't be enough to destroy a demon," I stated. It's true. I think Ford knows it, too. It was enough to lock him away, but not to destroy him.

But, I know how to bring him back. I glanced at the statue's hand, formed like it's about to make a deal.

"You can be free from wherever or whatever you're locked in. You can still have your powers. But, you have to obey my commands, and... keep me company.. deal?" I said, my voice was a little softer at the end. I reached my hand to the statue's.

When my hand touched the statue's, a bright blue fire covered it.

I smiled. I knew it. He was still alive.

A blinding bright light suddenly came out of the statue and it slowly started to crack. I removed my hand and covered my eyes with my arm.

When the light was gone, I opened my eyes again. But, gone was the statue, and a yellow triangle demon replaced it. "Ahh! It's good to be back!" it stretched it's back.

"Bill?" I called out, and it looked at me.

"I missed ya, Pinetree!" Bill said with a teasing voice. If he had a mouth, I don't doubt he would be smirking.

For some odd reason, I took comfort in it.