[𝑝𝑟𝑜𝑙𝑜𝑔𝑢𝑒] (0) ✔︎

DESIRE00 × prologue

DESIRE
00 × prologue

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

It was the year 1492 when Cassandra Harrington had helped Katerina Petrova escape from the grasps of her then lover, Niklaus Mikaelson. It was an impulse decision that was made on the spot when she overheard Niklaus saying that she was no more than a pawn to him. He had only used her to find what he needed to break his werewolf curse. It broke her heart realizing that Niklaus never loved her.

So she got vengeance in the only way she saw she could, she helped Katerina Petrova escape. Cassandra had told her of what Niklaus was planning on doing to her and along with the moonstone, they fled. And they never stopped running to this day.

Cassandra had kept in touch with Elijah over the many centuries, mainly because he promised to keep her out of harm's way and to warn her when Klaus was near. She knew she could never repay Elijah for his protection but little did she know that he was in love with the girl.

She currently is residing in Mystic falls, after discovering the existence of the Petrova doppelganger, Elena Gilbert. Cassandra stuck around as a somewhat, guardian, for the poor girl who was stuck in the middle of all of the vampire business. She knew Klaus would come for the doppleganger one day and when that day came, she would be far away from the town.

Everything was getting back to normal after the tomb vampires had been killed until her partner in crime Katerina Petrova, or better known now as Katherine Pierce, showed up in town the same day.

"You know Stefan and Damon aren't happy you're here, right?" Cassandra tells the brunette as they sit in the living room of Cassandra's apartment. Katherine sighs as a small pout forms on her lips. The Salvatore brothers weren't too pleased with her sudden appearance and even though Damon kissed her, he thought she was Elena.

"They will be, they just haven't let themselves feel it yet." Katherine responds with a shrug of her shoulders as she fills her glass with more vodka. Cassandra raises an eyebrow at her friend, knowing her obsession was ultimately going to get the girl captured one day.

"Kat, you gotta let this excessive love for Stefan go. He fell for your doppelganger." She points out, trying to get Katherine to see the big picture that Stefan clearly moved on. Even though it obvious that it wouldn't stop Katherine from getting what she wants.

"Bland Elena. Oh, I know." Katherine mutters with distaste as she glares at nothing. She huffs before pointing a finger at the girl. "You can't judge me. Aren't you still screwing Elijah?" She asks as she watches Cassandra take a long gulp of her drink. Cassandra can't help but smirk at the mention of her recent rendezvous with the original. She can't help but roll her eyes at Katherine though.

"He fills my needs, I'm not in love with him." Cassandra states with a sigh as she thinks of Elijah. He seemed put off, the first time they slept together, Cassandra didn't know if he was one for one night stands but they soon established a relationship that was based solely for news on Klaus, solving problems and sex. Although Elijah wanted it to be more, he wanted to tell the girl he loved her. "Plus, I have to maintain my relationship with Mason." She adds, bringing up the Lockwood wolf who she had gotten close to solely for the finding of the moonstone. Cassandra had to admit she liked the guy a little though and it felt nice to kind of be in a relationship. Not that she was loyal.

"Oh right, the wolf. Why are you dating him again?" Katherine asks curiously, knowing very well that the situation could turn bad quickly if Mason ever bit her. Cassandra knew the risk of being with a werewolf but she had to get the stone one way or another.

"He can get the moonstone. Plus he's nice to me and is kind of in love with me." Cassandra says with a sigh as she smiles a little. Katherine only rolls her eyes a little at the mention of the boy being in love with her. "He's great in bed too." She states with a shrug as she rests her head back a little.

"How many lovers do you have?" Katherine asks with her signature smirk on her lips as she let her chin fall on her palm. Cassandra only giggles as she licks her lips.

"What can I say? I'm a needy whore." She jokes with a smirk forming on her lips as she bites into the wrist of the compelled girl next to her. Katherine smiles lightly but she knew Cassandra wanted something more she just didn't want to act on it after everything that happened with Klaus.

"You know you can love again, right?" Katherine frowns at the girl who simply stared blankly back at her. Cassandra was the one person she really showed her emotions to because they had known and trusted each other for so long. She trusted the older vampire with her life.

"And get my heart broken again?" Cassandra asks as her jaw clenches at the memory that goes through her head of Klaus. She hated him. And it was the hatred that caused her to have to run from him for the past 500 years. "Hey! No lecturing me on love when you had to compel yours." She yells causing both girls to burst out laughing as they keep drinking on through the night. Forgetting of all their troubles and worries just for one moment.

Feeling free.