37 × [𝑢𝑛𝑑𝑦𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑙𝑜𝑣𝑒]✓

CHAPTER THIRTY - SEVEN×undying love×

×undying love×

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

TAKING DOWN ESTHER WAS A LOT LESS SATISFYING AS CASSANDRA THOUGHT IT WOULD BE. There was no real battle, it was over within two seconds. To say she was disappointed would be a drastic understatement. She wanted to knock the bitch around a bit but never got the chance. Okay, she should be happy that the witch was gone and that Alaric was planning on dying but it would've been so satisfying to have the woman on her knees begging for mercy as Cassandra beat the crap out of her.

Instead she was practically sulking as she followed Klaus into his house. She didn't know why she decided to go home with him but she did. Klaus wasn't complaining as he held the door open for her, seeing the displeased look on her face. He figured she hated the way it went down with Esther but he was just glad his nuisance of a mother was gone. "Are you okay, love?" Klaus asks as he closes the door, moving over to the girl who had started pouring herself a glass of his alcohol. Cassandra sighs but nods her head, she should probably be happy that this disaster was over.

"Yeah, I just wanted more action." She admits as she frowns lightly. The Mikaelson chuckles as he rubs her shoulders, pulling her back into him. Cassandra smiles as she leans against him, resting her head back. Klaus kisses the top of her head, holding her in an embrace.

"Well, I'm sure you'll get some soon." He didn't want their to be a fight but he knew it was only a certain amount of time before Salvatore's hatched another plan to kill them. They did still have some stakes in their possession.

"I'm not gonna hope for it." Cassandra says, not wanting to jinx them because knowing their history, something bad was going to happen again. Klaus nods as he lets her go, seeing her turn around to face him.

"I'm just glad everything's back to normal." Klaus tells her as he pours himself a glass of bourbon, lifting it up to his lips in order to drink. Cassandra watches him, pain filling her eyes as she remembers the conversation they were having

"I'm sorry if I hurt you." She states as a frown takes over her features. There was no hiding the distraught look he had when seeing her and Elijah in any setting.

"I understand what you need time for, Cassandra." Klaus says with a soft smile, taking a hold of her hand. Cassandra smiles back but she still felt bad for him. He spent five hundred years trying to find her only to find out she had feelings for his own brother. She knew that hurt him but he never said a truly bad thing about Elijah.

"Yeah.." she says softly, trailing off as her eyes cast towards the ground. A deafening silence fills the air as they stand a little farther apart now. Klaus sighs, rubbing his face as he leans against the wall. "Caroline did have a good idea though." Cassandra tells him after a moment of silence, deciding to change the subject because she wanted to lighten the mood again. Klaus glances at her curiously, raising an eyebrow at her. "Scandalous sex." She suggests as she moves off of the table, walking around it in order to make her way over to Klaus who was staring back at her. He didn't know if she was just saying it to get a rise out of him but it was working.