[𝑓𝑎𝑙𝑙𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑓𝑜𝑟 𝑦𝑜𝑢] (11) ✔︎

CHAPTER ELEVEN

CHAPTER ELEVEN

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

CASSANDRA STOOD IN ELENA'S KITCHEN, listening to Stefan and Damon as they explained that they had gone to see Katherine. Were they really that stupid thinking that she would just hand it over? It was her leverage over them and her way to get out of that stupid tomb. Cassandra was honestly ready to just free Katherine, she knew plenty of witches who could do the spell. But of course, the Scooby Doo gang would know it was her.

She had been thinking about Elijah most of the time. Cassandra wanted to talk to him, to give him a try but she was afraid she lost his trust. She did break his heart after all. But she was also worried that she couldn't love him like she did with Klaus. Cassandra was so in love with Klaus that she didn't see anybody else, she wanted that with Elijah. But she didn't know what would happen if she didn't feel that or if Klaus did ever find them.

"You don't believe her, do you?" Elena asks with a scoff as she hears Katherine's excuses. No way in a million years would they ever believe one word that came out of the Petrova's mouth. Damon shakes his head automatically as he hears the girls question. Of course Katherine only cared about getting out of the tomb but they needed to get the moonstone from her.

"No, of course not. We just want the moonstone." Damon tells her as he nudges Cassandra's shoulder as she was zoning out of the conversation. The girl glances over at the raven haired man, noticing the slight concerned expression on his face.

"According to Rose's friend Slater, there's a way to destroy the curse that Klaus wants to break." Stefan informs them making Cassandra internally roll her eyes. There was no easy way to break that curse, it was either a trap or some dumbass who was just taking a guess.

"If there was a way, I would know." Cassandra tells them with a sigh, gaining the attention of the others in the room. "There has to be more to it than he is letting on." She adds as her and Elena share a glance, both knowing that it was a stretch trusting this Slater guy.

"So, what? No spell, no doppleganger sacrifice." Damon states the obvious with a sarcastic smile on his face. Elena rolls her eyes a little bit as she knew it wouldn't be that easy to destroy a very old curse.

"Or you could take the easy way out." Cassandra points out with a risen eyebrow, holding her wrist out to Elena who only gulps. The Salvatore's send the girl a glare, hating her for even suggesting something like that.

"That is not an option. I don't want to be.. a--" Elena cuts herself off, not really wanting to say it. She knew being human would not last long with Stefan since he was a vampire but she had no desire of ever becoming one.