[𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑎𝑟𝑡 𝑜𝑓 𝑑𝑒𝑐𝑒𝑝𝑡𝑖𝑜𝑛] (5) ✔︎

CHAPTER FIVE

CHAPTER FIVE

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

CASSANDRA ROLLS HER EYES AS SHE GOT ELIJAH'S VOICEMAIL AGAIN, her jaw clenching. She didn't know why Elijah had suddenly up and left her but she was not okay with just being left like that. She was currently at the stupid town building exercise or whatever it was called, Cassandra didn't care enough to listen to what Elena had told her it was.

"Elijah, it's me again." She says with a sigh as she glances around at the surrounding area. "Look, I really need to tell you something that happened yesterday. You left before I could say it. It's an emergency." Cassandra tells her as she purses her lips, her eyes moving to Stefan who was making his way over towards her. "Which reminds me to add, what was wrong? You never just up and leave like that. Call me back when you can." She finishes quickly as she hangs up the phone, putting it in her pocket as Stefan stops in front of her.

"You're here?" He asks as he raises an eyebrow at her. Stefan had only caught the last of her conversation so he didn't have anything to go on.

"I'm not helping, just chaperoning your girlfriend." Cassandra tells him with a fake smile before brushing past him, beginning to walk away. Stefan freezes for a second before jogging after her.

"What?" He asks, trying to deny that him and Elena were still together. If they were right and she was working with Katherine, they just got busted.

"I'm not dumb, I know you're faking. I know how to fake a fight." Cassandra states with a roll of her eyes as she tries to walk away from him. Stefan smirks at the revelation, Cassandra not knowing that she slipped up about Mason and he knew if he kept pushing, she would reveal something about Katherine.

"Please don't tell anyone. Katherine thinks we're broken up." Stefan pleads as he watches confusion form on the girls face. Maybe she didn't know as much of Katherine's plan as they thought.

"Why would she care?" Cassandra asks bluntly, pushing people out of her way. Stefan sighs as he grabs her arm, pulling her away to a path where she would stop pushing people over.

"Because she said she'd hurt someone if we didn't." He answers her with a frown, Cassandra nodding her head blankly. She knew Katherine would still want to torment the group but threatening people's lives was not the way to go.

"Oh. Intense. Why were you with Katherine?" Cassandra asks as she kicks the dirt as they keep walking along the path together.

"How did you know I was?" Stefan questions, not thinking that Damon would ever want to fill her in again so it was a mystery who told her.