34 × [𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑑𝑎𝑡𝑒]✓

CHAPTER THIRTY - FOUR× the date ×

× the date ×

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

JOLTING AWAKE WITH A GASP, Cassandra opens her eyes as she takes in her surroundings. She was no longer in the woods with flames in front of her, it looked like she was now in a house, laying on someone's couch. A groan leaves her lips as a sickening pain shoots through her head for a moment. Closing her eyes for a few more seconds, she tries to compose herself before allowing her eyelids to open again. Glancing around the room, she notices Klaus and his siblings standing around her. They all looked worried until they saw that the girl was awake. "What happened?" She grumbles as she rubs her eyes, the last thing she remembered was talking to Esther and then suddenly she blacked out. Cassandra didn't know what it was but she knew that the originals could probably explain what happened to her.

"She's awake." Rebekah gasps as she moves close to the girl, bending down to be eye level with her. Sending a soft smile, the blonde moves Cassandra's hair out of her face so she could fully see the people in front of her.

"Did we win?" Cassandra asks in a tired tone, her eyes flickering through the siblings. There was no definite answer to that question since although they did stop themselves from getting killed, Esther and Finn did get away.

"For now, love."  Klaus answers her as he sends a soft smile her way, glad she was okay and conscious.

"Did someone knock me out?" She asks as she feels that was the only logical explanation although there was no one else around them when it happened.

"No, uh.. Your mother possessed your body." Elijah tells her cautiously, not knowing of a better way to tell her since it wasnt exactly a conversation starter. Cassandra thought she was still dreaming for a moment as those words process through her mind.

"What?" Cassandra asks as her eyes grow wide, thinking she didn't hear the man right as it was an insane thing to say to her. She knew her mother was a witch but how was she able to come in contact with her body if the girl had nothing on her since Esther took her bracelet.

"Somehow, I'm not sure how. But she was part of the reason why Esther didn't succeed." Kol explains to her, not knowing if it was just the circumstances of the spell or if it was something entirely different. Cassandra furrows her eyebrows, not understanding why her mother would protect a daughter she never even met.

"I thought my mother hated me?" She asks confused, Esther having told her that her mother was helping made the girl think that her mother truly thought she was a horrible person.

"She told us to tell you that she will always love you. She's proud of you, Cass." Rebekah tells her with a smile on her face. She was glad that this could possibly give the girl some closure. Her mother did make it known that she thought her daughter was an incredible girl who had a horrible thing happen to her.