29 × [𝑎𝑛 ℎ𝑜𝑛𝑒𝑠𝑡 𝑑𝑟𝑖𝑛𝑘]✓

CHAPTER TWENTY - NINE

× an honest drink ×
•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

CASSANDRA WOKE UP THE NEXT MORNING, feeling a little bit better now that she slept some of her crazy off. Klaus had practically watched her like a hawk the whole night to make sure she didn't pull anything again. She didn't even realize how bad it was until Klaus had to physically drag her to bed. She didn't know if it was caused by blood deprivation or just her severe depression that apparently made her want to commit suicide last night, but if Klaus hasn't been there, she certainly would be dead.

"Nik?" She asks, gaining his attention as she rubs her eyes, not seeing what he was doing. Klaus only stops for a moment before shaking his head, not wanting to get her involved just yet because he knew she would stop him.

"Go back to sleep, love." Klaus tells her when he sees the girl was waking up, probably from him slamming his phone against a wall because of the call he had just recieved from Stefan.

"Where are you going?" She asks tiredly, wondering what has gotten him so riled up so early in the morning.

"Stefan has taken the coffins. All of them." Klaus informs her making Cassandra's eyes widen at the news. What did Stefan hope to gain from this? When Klaus found them, he would tear out his heart. "He said he'll get rid of them unless I do as he says." He says as he paces around the room, thinking to himself which was always a bad thing. Cassandra quickly gets up, rushing forward to stop his pacing.

"Nik, stop." She warns, knowing he was about to do something stupid. "Listen to me." Cassandra begs as she tries to pull at his arm but he just continues to walk towards the door. "Nik!" She gains his attention but only for a split second as she could see the pure rage built up inside of him.

"I'm gonna kill him." Klaus was beyond angry but Cassandra couldnt let him act on it. Blocking his way to the door, he only glares at her, although it wasn't truly meant for her.

"But he's right. You do that, you'll never see them again." Cassandra tells the man who falters a little bit, clenching his jaw as his gaze moves to the floor. "Please, think before you do anything." She pleads the man who let's out a long sigh, gripping at his hair as he knew she was right.

"I should've let you kill them last night." He grumbles as this would not be happening if he hadn't stupidly stopped her from killing the Salvatores.

"Now you say this?" Cassandra says with a scoff as she raises he eyebrows at the man. Where was this attitude last night when she was so close to killing Damon but he had to stop her. They were going to get what was coming to them, he said. Well, he just lost that battle since they stole his family.