[𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑢𝑛𝑡𝑖𝑚𝑒𝑙𝑦 𝑟𝑒𝑢𝑛𝑖𝑜𝑛] (22) ✓

CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO× the untimely reunion ×

CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO
× the untimely reunion ×

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

A GASP ESCAPES HER LIPS AS SHE LAYS EYES ON A DIFFERENT COLOURED BUTTERFLY, her eyes lighting up at the sight. She picks up her dress in order to get over to it, a bright smile on her lips. Klaus was watching her with admiration as he watched her hold out her hand for the butterfly to land on. "Look at this one, Nik." She says as she stares at the creature in her hand. Klaus smiles as he walks over to her, his hands behind his back. They had been together for almost a year now and he still was captivated by her beauty. It was her birthday and he made it as special as possible, her last wish was to go see the butterflies she had always told him about.

"They are quite magnificent, love." Klaus tells her as Cassandra lets the butterfly fly away. She watches it go off before turning to her boyfriend, her eyebrows furrowing for a moment when she realizes he was staring at her.

"What?" She questions curiously as she meets his eyes. Klaus only plants a soft kiss on her lips, his hand cupping her chin as he does. When they pull away, Cassandra only gazes at him confused but also happily.

"You are beautiful." He tells her causing her to smile at him. Klaus leans in again only for Cassandra to dodge it, a smirk on her lips. "What are you doing?" He asks as he furrows his eyebrows, wondering why she was avoiding his lips.

"You do not get another until you earn it." She tells him teasingly as she avoids yet another attempt to kiss her. Klaus chuckles for a few seconds before gazing into her eyes.

"Has this been a nice birthday?" Klaus asks her as he strokes her cheek, tilting his head a little bit.

"It's been truly amazing, Nik." She tells him with a bright smile on her lips, leaning into his touch.

"Good. Because you deserve nothing less." Klaus says as he pulls her in towards him In order to wrap his arms around her in a tight embrace. Cassandra smiles as she grips him, not letting him.

"I can't help but think of my mother." Cassandra admits making Klaus turn his head towards her at the mention of the girl's mother. "She died for me to live." She says in a soft voice as she remembers her father always telling her that she deserved to die. That Cassandra was the one who murdered her mother.

"That was not your fault." Klaus assures her as she had told him a couple months into dating what had happened to her mother and how her father had not taken care of her the way that he should have.