#3

Friday afternoons were the times when Alexander, Jason, Antonio and their mates hung out. They would go to the beach, have a picnic or anything else. It was a tradition that the three boys kept since they were little. It was amazing how they grew up so close to each other like brothers.

One night, they all decided that they would stay at home and watch movies. However, movies soon turned into a full on make out session with the two couples. Exasperated and tormented by his friends being lovey-dovey with their mates, Alexander transformed into his wolf form and sprinted into the forest. Sometimes it was hard to see other couples. It made him think of his wonderful relationship with Scarlet. Nonetheless he was really happy for James and Antonio and wished for their happiness.

He reached his hideout, a deserted lake where he and Scarlet used to come, sat at his usual spot under the tree and stared into the darkness absent-mindedly. The place was silvered and altered by the light of the moon, which at full, dazzled like a pearl in the darkness of the sky. Just as the feeling of loneliness and desolation started to creep up, a greyish wolf came by his side and transformed back into its human form. It was Jason.

"Hey buddy, what are you up to, sitting here alone like a lost puppy?" He asked, chuckling gleefully at his little joke

"I was just clearing my mind and also, it's been a while since i have had some quality time with my wolf."

"I think you need rest Alex, you could use a break. Don't worry i'll handle everything here." Jason exclaimed sympathetically.

"No no it's okay....you don't have to go through the trouble. I'm fine."

"What are you talking about? You are my bestfriend since kindergarden. It's no trouble to help you."

The next day, Alexander set off to the small village called Starville and went for a stroll. While walking around, memories of his mate and him came at full swing through his mind. He clenched his fists in deep afflcition just by recalling how she died in his arms. The agony that he felt was so incomprehensible and unbearable that he had to vent it out. Tears streamed down his face as he punched the nearby wall with all his might and then collapsed to the ground. He leaned his head against the wall and brought his knees to his chest. He stared straight ahead.

How pitiful it was for the most powerful Alpha to cry like this but he could care less. Werewolves feel like their heart is being ripped out of their chest at the loss of their mate but for Alphas, the ache seems to double and can be really insufferable.

He could still vividly remember the day he met her. Her smile could light up the whole world. Her eyes light up with happiness as she laughed with her friends while he looked at her in awe from a distance. Her beauty had left him speechless and to believe that she was his mate made the moment even more special. He was over the moon and was rooted to the spot looking at her every single move. He even followed her to her house to make sure she was safe. And that was something Alexander never did before. That day, he returned home with a smile that reached his ears.

He used to believe that love was rubbish and that mates were just a waste of time. Nevertheless, he was completely wrong. Yet this time it was different;this time he saw love as a memory of his Scarlet. Scarlet was the best thing that ever happened to him and she made him see love from another perspective. She taught him how to love and cherish the little things that made him smile cause they might not be there to make him smile again.

She was right....she made him smile, laugh and be himself and now she was no longer here to do it again. He felt free and complete with her. He had even promised to always be by her side and protect her from any danger. He now felt guilty and ashamed of himself...he could not fulfil that one promise he made to her.

Yeeees another update!!! Hope that you liked it. If you did, don't forget to vote.😘

I am always open to suggestions and opinions. So do comment or private message me whenever you want to. I will try to reply to them as soon as poasible. Thank you for being sooo amazing!!!

Peace❤❤❤