What's Wrong?

Little?: Mark

High school au

Mark's POV

I was sat in class next to my boyfriend Sean, we were in mathematics when I suddenly feel a small hand on my thigh. I look down and see Sean's hand there as I slowly push it away, signalling I wasn't in the mood right now. Sean tends to get a little...touchy...In boring classes and right now isn't really the best time.

A lot of stuff had been going on at home, my parents were getting a divorce and my mum is threatening to move back to Korea and taking me with her. I want to stay in America with my dad but since I'm 16, I don't really have too much of a choice since I'm not a legal adult.

Sean looks at me with a concerned look, I rarely push him away because both of us absolutely hate maths, we're both pretty good at it but it just gets repetitive and annoying. I didn't even make eye contact with him, it pained me to turn him down but I had to.

Sean's POV

Something was clearly wrong with Mark, he's never turned me down in maths. I try again and the same things happened, he just pushed my hand away. I looked at him but all that my eyes were met with was his fiery red hair, he was refusing to look at me and it hurt. I knew he would never directly tell me what was wrong, but a different version of him will, this version will spill everything while snuggling into me. That's what I needed.

"Baby boy, you wanna tell daddy what's wrong? Somethings clearly wrong and I want to help." I spoke just loud enough for only Mark to hear as I put my hand on his knee, soon feeling a hand on top of mine. He squeezed my hand gently and I saw small tears form in his eyes, it hurts me deep inside seeing him like this. He put his head on my shoulder and whined softly into the crook of my neck.

"Excuse me miss, Mark isn't feeling too good, could I please take him to the bathroom?" I raised my hand and waited for a reply, it was clear to all the teachers how strong mine and Mark's relationship was so they would always let us leave the room together. the teacher nodded at me as I grab Mark's hand, leading him out of the classroom and out to the toilets.

When we get to the toilets, we check that the coast was clear and go into the disabled stall since they are a lot bigger and can at least fit 2 people. I sit Mark on the closed lid of the toilet, waiting for his response. Mark's lip started to quiver as he threw himself at me, starting to cry into my shoulder as I rubbed his back comfortingly.

"Hey, hey it's ok. I've got you baby boy, daddy's got you." After a few minutes of just mark crying into me, I reach into the pocket of my hoodie and pull out a cute, red dummy with the words, 'Baby boy' on the shield. I press the dummy to his quivering lips gently and he gladly let's it slip into his mouth, instantly calming him down already. Once Marks breathing was back to normal, I waited until he was able to talk without crying even more as I asked him what was wrong.

"What's wrong buddy? Wanna tell me?" I looked into his chocolate brown eyes that always held so much happiness, but now all they held was pain and sorrow. I saw him start to work himself up again thinking about it. He started crying again as I whispered sweet nothings into his ear that luckily calmed him down.

"M-my mum and dad, they're getting a d-divorce. My m-mum is taking me ba-back to K-Korea." Those dreaded words rang through my head like people screaming bloody murder in my ears. We both hoped that this day would never come, it was clear that Marks parents were never completely happy so it was obvious that we were praying for the impossible.

Mark's POV

I hated saying those words, I hated admitting what was happening with my family. However, Sean always has a way to get stuff out of me, it wasn't toxic and he never used it to make me uncomfortable so I was fine with telling him eventually. When I did, I saw my once bubbly boyfriend change into this ball of worry and fear, I struggled to even keep eye contact but I had to stay strong for us.

Who am I kidding? I'm not strong right now and Sean could tell as he sighed and opened his arms once more, making my body fall into him. I loved the feeling of Sean's hugs, they were the best and always cheered me up at least a little. Sometimes, when Sean was at my house for a movie night, it would be cut short and end up with me asleep in Sean's arms because my parents had started fighting again.

"Oh baby boy, I'm so sorry. I know how much you hated your parents fighting but it's for the best, they would be able to be happy but I'm sure if you spoke to your mum, I don't think she will drag you off to Korea when you only know a little of the language and you have a boyfriend here in America." I just nodded to his words, silently praying that he was right and this could all be fixed with a few simple words and maybe a few swears thrown across the room. I take out my dummy a little and look down at Sean's lap.

"Ok, can you please come home with me tonight? I want you there as support and maybe help my mum see that I'm a lot happier here." Sean agrees and for the first time during this whole day, a smile creeped up onto my face, making my eyes light up and shine even more as they were already a bit shiny from the tears.

"That's my happy baby boy. Now how about we sit here and name a few things while you calm down yeah?"

Sean's POV

I realised that Mark was going to be staying little for a while so I thought, might as well make him the happy boy I know and love. Mark was around 2 years old when he was little so he was round about the age where kids get told to name a few things to help them stick into their brain, it always made Mark a little happier while playing the game. I point at the toilet roll on the wall.

"What's that Markimoo?" The boy giggled and gently took the dummy out of his mouth so that he could speak.

"A toilet roll! For your butt butt!" He giggled loudly and bounced up and down in my lap. I praise the boy and we started naming a few other things until I was content that Mark was happy. Once I knew he was able to go back to class, I take his dummy away and put it back in my pocket after putting the protective cover on the nib.

We head back to class and sit down in our seats, the teacher didn't question us as we caught up with the work fairly quickly and we got nothing wrong. We had only been gone for 15 minutes when I check the time and it was near the end of lesson, when we got told to pack away our things, the teacher held us back for a minute just to double check that Mark was OK and he didn't need a phone call home to check if anything was happening at home. I assured the teacher that it was all dealt with as she smiled and let us out of the classroom.

You can never go wrong with a bit of tears but a happy game to shoo away those bad thoughts.