It'll be ok, I promise

Little?: Mark

High school au

This is a part 2 to "What's wrong?"

Mark's POV

Once me and Sean got back from school, we went straight to me house, Sean telling his parents that he was staying at his "girlfriends" house since his family weren't all that supportive of the LGBT community. Anyway, when we got back, we instantly came back to my parents arguing over who gets custody of me after the divorce.

"Mum! Dad! Sean is here! Please stop arguing..." I almost mumbled the last part but my boyfriend was able to hear and I could tell, I suddenly felt a small hand grab onto mine in a reassuring way. It helped a little as my parents heard, both of them coming over to say hello to Sean and to apologise for shouting when he came in. They must have assumed that I had told him since they just talked about it as if it was old news.

They ushered us to my room and we listened, going up to my room and locking the door. I sit on the bed with a sigh and Sean sits on my lap, lifting my chin to face him.

"How about we play some video games yeah? maybe take your mind off of it and we can put on headphones so we can't hear anything."

Sean's POV

I looked into Mark's eyes and luckily he nodded a small smile appearing on his gorgeous lips. I pecked his lips and got off of his lap, walking over to his desk and turning on the Xbox. He also has a PS4 but we can play halo on the Xbox and it tends to be loud, perfect for drowning out shouting parents right? I sit down on the green chair and mark sits on the red one next to me, his smile starting to glow more as he grabbed his matching red headphones. I grabbed my headphones and controller which were also green to try and match the chair as we started up the game.

After about 30 minutes, Marks parents were still shouting but suddenly got a lot louder as Mark threw his controller at his bed, his headphones flying off of his head and onto the floor. I flinched at this sudden outburst and look at my boyfriend, he had now put his head down, his hands on the back of his neck. Oh boy, tonight was gonna be a long one. I quickly text my parents that I'll be staying the night and pull Mark into a tight hug, making sure he wouldn't be able to punch and kick anything, hurting himself.

His breathing became unsteady as I run my fingers through his hair, holding him close to my chest. I started to whisper sweet nothings into his ears as I turn on YouTube on the Xbox, grabbing Marks headphones and trying to put them on his head. He pushed them away a little and just grabbed my hands.

"D-Daddy, I don't wanna listen to music." Mark looked up at me with so much sadness in his eyes that it seriously pained me to even look at him. The words came out as almost a whisper and I couldn't say no to my precious little boy so I just nod and put his headphones on the bed.

"OK baby boy, if you want we can get into bed and cuddle yeah? Hopefully that will make you my happy little Prince again." I saw his face light up a little and nod, a smile starting to form as I stand up, helping Mark up but not able to carry him since he was still quite a bit stronger and heavier than me. We walk over to the bed and sit down, I had to let go of Mark as I went over to his wardrobe. I spent many nights at Marks place so luckily there was a decent amount of clothes that I could wear.

I grab a red baggy hoodie for Mark with some grey joggers, and a white t-shirt with green sleeves for me and a pair of blue flamingo shorts. I help Mark get changed and then get changed myself. After we got changed, Mark got into bed and I grabbed his big teddy bear plushie from the bottom of his bed. He instantly cuddled into the toy as I gently slipped his red dummy into his mouth and he started sucking peacefully on it.

We just laid there quietly as Mark calmed down, running my fingers through his dyed red hair. Occasionally, we would hear a "fuck you" from downstairs but I was easily able to take Marks mind off of it by kissing his head, making him giggle. We didn't sleep for the entire time, it was now 2am and I could see Marks eyes start to close on him, the occasional yawn escaping his lips. I kissed his head as he fell asleep, his head against my chest and his arms wrapped around his teddy.

I know it was none of my business but Marks family treated me like their son in law since I told them that my family weren't too accepting of me and Mark. So I went downstairs to go and get a drink as I see Marks mum sitting at the kitchen table with a box of tissues. I walk up to her to see what was wrong.

"Excuse me Mrs. Fischbach, what's wrong?" She just sniffed and looked up at me with red and puffy eyes. She blew her nose quietly, careful not to wake Mark or his dad up.

"It's just that I know that Mark will be happier here but he will have such a better life and more opportunities living in Korea. He wants to stay here so badly but I can't let him, he has more family in Korea and I don't want to leave him here with his father, it will break my heart." I rubbed her back comforting and sat down next to her as she wiped her teary eyes.

"I know how much you love your son, but you've got to realise that he'll be losing so much by leaving America, he'll be losing so many friends that he's made. I hate to say it but he'd be losing me as well, me and Mark have spoke about this scenario and it always ends with us not being strong enough to go through a long distance relationship. Yeah I'm just a kid and my words probably mean nothing to you, but you guys are like the family I never had, and I don't want this family broken apart in the worst way."

After a while of talking, Marks mother says that she will let him stay in America with his father and she will visit as regularly as she can and try to see Mark for 2 weeks in the summer and a week for Christmas. Surprisingly a 16 year old, me, was able to change Marks mums mind on a really adult thing. I'm impressed, she thanks me for comforting her and goes off to bed, leaving me alone at the kitchen table.

Just as I go to make my glass of water, I hear quiet footsteps coming down the stairs. My head turns as I smile, seeing it was Mark holding his teddy close to him, he looked so adorable with his hood up and his dummy hanging out of his mouth.

"Daddy, can you come back to bed? I'm cold and I want snuggles." The boy yawned and rubbed his eyes with his hands bawled into cute little fists. I nod and walk over, kissing his nose and grabbing his hands.

"Of course my little prince, daddy's coming and you're staying in America with me. OK baby boy?" I heard a quiet giggle and a very small "yay" coming from him. I pat his butt, pushing him up the stairs. The rest of that night was filled with the cute and quiet snores of my adorable boyfriend and it'll always be that way, I promise.