Chapter 22 | Shower Thoughts

I felt gravity suddenly call for me, I fell back as Stellan opened the door. I hissed at the impact, my head which I just praised forming a bump.

"I called you but you weren't responding"

I opened my eyes, squinting at the pain my head was still in. A white towel filled my field of view, I closed my eyes immediately my mouth pressed into a thin line.

A few more centimetres and I could have looked under his towel.

...I don't know what to do with myself.

That actually left me speechless.

F*ck.

I flinched back into reality, water drops fell on my face which forced me to open my eyes.

"What are you waiting for?" Stellan asked, his calm voice has never stratled me like in this moment, maybe due to the fact that I don't want to admit that it was his face which was centimetres away that startled me.

His face was upside down, but nevertheless handsome.

"I am... getting up" I blinked a few times, holding in every scream and curse word I had in mind. Honey golden eyes framed by his wet lashes making me forget my words for a second.

He stood up from his crouched position and side-stepped my laying figure. He stretched out his hand, finally I had a full view on his wet dripping torso. Lean lines skulpted his body. I imagined how they would feel under my hand, in a daze I took his hand.

And within a second I was pressed against said dripping torso. Tingles errupting where my hands pressed against his skin, goose bumps spread around my body like wild fire.

I shook my head with a soft smile and closed my eyes.

I am done.

My mind can't comprehend all these chick-flick moments.

Get me outta here.

As my body and mind reached reached the peak harmony, I was ready to let go of my worldly desires to begin my journy...

"Luana?" I blinked my eyes open, finally back to reality.

Stellan still had my hand in his, while his other inspected the back of my head for a bump. His eyes slightly narrowed while he concentrated.

Fuck this.

I let go of his hand and stepped back into the bathroom. I was ready to fight my handsome mate.

"Are you upset?"

"I am not" just keep your male protagonist actions to yourself, thank you very much.

"I thought you were mad because I got you wet" he held one hand on the edge of his towel and the other combed through his wet dripping hair.

BOIII!

YOU DID NOT!

"I don't know if you are doing it on purpose and I am not liking it" I covered my face with the palm of my hand. If it is him he might have not meant it.

I know he meant my clothes, but fuck him.

I closed the bathroom door loudly in his face.

"Pfft"

I whipped my head to the now closed door, I thought my neck would break.

"YOU LITTLE PIECE OF SHIT, STEALLAN"

He didn't respond, not that I expected him to.

I should really read that book he is taking advice from.

From what I can conclude, he has nearly zero experience in romantic relationships. More so he is stiff and has no delicacy while approaching our relationship. He asked to f*ck on the second day, or was it the third? Not that it makes it less weird.

From the minute we established our relationship as mates, he started to act as one. He tried to do all those things couples do.

Like he was fulfilling a role.

I am only observing for now, my conclusion could be way off. I haven't spend enough time with him. But to say the least...

He is an interesting character.

While the hot water of the shower engulfed my body, I tried my best not to think. But the shower was perfect place for useless thoughts.

I scrunched up my face as I involuntary thought of a memory.

"One day you will get yourself killed for your believes"

I held my burning cheek, I couldn't see my face but I was sure a handprint was forming on my face.

"You mean you will kill me?" I dared to look up, I knew my words would only bring me trouble. They wouldn't change anything, yet I had to say it. Out of spite to her and them.

My head flew to my right, now my other cheek holding a red hand mark.

She roughly grasped my chin in her hand, blue-green eyes piercing into mine, how I hated those eyes.

"I hope it won't come to that"

I tried to distract my self by choosing a shampoo, discarding those unnecessary memories.

Honey gold eyes coming to my mind, I smiled inwardly.

So that is what a mate is.

Alone the thought of them can make you smile.

I rolled my eyes at myself for thinking that way.

Too corny, let's stop here.

___

Short chapter but I thought, after not updating for so long I had to post another chapter, even if it is short.

Hope you enjoyed!

Vote
Comment
Share?

Enjoy<3