Chapter 26 | Fish Eyes

"Did you pack everything we might need?"

"Probably, unless you want me to go to the pharmacy--"

"No need, I think we don't need anything from there" I shook my head, not giving him the chance to make any kind of joke.

"If you say so, just tell me when you get car sick" he put the last bag in the trunk, he pointed at up for me to close it since I was in his body.

...it didn't go the direction I expected.

"Who will drive?" The keys of his black Volkswagen dangling from his fingers.

I took a moment to think about it, if I would drive, technically Stellan is driving and vice versa.

"You don't have a licence...I think" I furrowed my brows in realization.

"I don't?" He tilted his head slighty.

"You don't." I nodded.

"I don't?" He looked at his car keys.

"I don't have a licence, which means you don't have a licence" I pointed at his body.

"Right." He pressed his lips in a thin line, understanding our situation.

Well I do, if he would wear a blonde wig and get brown contacts then yes, I have a license, under the name Regina.

But I am not going to tell him I have a fake licence with a fake identity.

Pshhht! Am I CRAZY?

You keep that shit after marriage so they don't run.

"But you do" he threw the keys at me.

I caught them with both of my hands "I just said I don't--oh, right. I do"

Who ever is listening to our conversation must think we are crazy.

I went to the driver's side while Stellan took the passenger side,"Normally you would assume one couldn't drive if they don't have a licence"

"You would have mentioned that you don't know how to drive, not only the licence"

That is not a valid reason, what would he have done if I didn't know how to drive?

"Driving is not hard, half an our on an empty parking lot and you would have learned it" he answered my question without me having to voice it,

So it was basically a gamble.

I put in the GPS to the location Emily had given us and off we went.

"Luana"

"Yes?"

"Are you alright?" I could feel his gaze fixated on me.

"It was hard to get used to your legs but driving isn't too difficult" the light turned red. I turned my head, smiling. It has been a while since I had driven a car. I don't like not having my feet touch the ground speeding reminds me of running through the forest. It isn't as bad as I remember.

"And your wolf?"

The light turned green and I faced the road again, I tapped the wheel, still smiling.

"Olivia? She is doing great" I pretend to be oblivious to what he meant.

"Her presence was practical non existent the last days" I didn't need to look at him to feel him waver between his wolf and himself. The more different you are from your wolf the heavier is the shift in the air around you. It seems his wolf was the one who noticed it and urged him to ask.