Chapter 23 | Research

Don't forget to comment and vote!

Long--ish chapter ahead!

It was really hard to put Stellan's character into words, and it is much harder to do so in his own perspective because I know how weird he seems if you don't grasp his principles. 😅😅

Next chapter will be back to Luana's POV

**********

    _________
-\Stellan/-●

I put on some clothes and grabbed my advice book, I sat down by the door. I brushed through the pages to get to the chapter 'How to hit different'.

I was confused at first what combat had to do with it, but the advice in it was almost identical to what I found out in my Romance books' research. I also concluded that combat had nothing to do with it.

11. Everybody hits different after a fresh shower.

She hit her head pretty hard, maybe combat had something to do with it after all. I discarded that thought for now. My mind wandered to Luana's face just a few minutes ago.

Her face was red to her ears, she had zoned out a couple of times doing a variety of faces.

Cute.

I just recently understood the meaning so now it pops in my head from time to time. The tight feeling in my chest still comes and goes too.

I thought back to the conversation I had heard over and over again, about how you will know it is your mate. The newly mated wolves would talk about.

It is like a gut feeling at first, you unconsciously follow their scent. When you lock eyes you will know it is your mate.

How we met, was a little different.

I guess you can say it was a gut feeling.

It didn't go the usual way I had heard all my life. After living with Luana, those things followed, along with our current circumstance.

I can't use most reference books I have since our bodies swapped and now we have a distance minimum.

I am aware that if it wasn't for our bodies swapping, she would have tried to leave.

And you would have let her.

Probably.

She is my mate, not my property. Besides, what use is it to get attached to someone who doesn't want you.

I wouldn't have been interested.

How did I end up with such an apathetic human?

I am not apathetic, I am reasonable. The moment we met doesn't make her mine. Why should I care about someone leaving who never was mine to to begin with?

I will need to research more so I can comprehend why it sometimes matters.

You are saying all this, but your actions until now don't match your thoughts.

I was curious.

How would our relationship go if I acted like how a normal mate would.

You said yourself to study to not mess this up.

And that is why nobody ever dated you. Your pack knew your warped way of thinking.

I don't find having a mate unpleasant. I might even say I like it.

Do you like it for her or do you like it because it tickles your interest.