Chapter 5

Dear readers,
I am modifying the format of writing a little because a lot of things in this book are unplanned . It may change further in the following chapters. Please, understand.
_______________________________

I was surprised to find him here looking breathtaking as always. I saw his eyes narrowed at my face , making me squirm in reaction. His expression looked pained , confusing me further. I stepped aside and welcomed him in with a small smile. No matter what, I loved this man with everything I had in me.

I witnessed a look of surprise pass over his face as he saw Rohanpreet sitting on the couch with his guitar in his hand. We were just about to practice our song so that the final touches in the recording could be done. The shoot had taken place and I was confident it was going to receive beautiful response from the audience.

I asked Sidharth to sit for sometime by the time we can practice as I thought it would not be appropriate to keep Rohan waiting. Heaven knows that boy was doing so much for me. Rohan had agreed to practice at my place because these days I didn't feel like leaving my bed let alone my home.

Sidharth had been confusing me with the paradox between his words and actions. He calls me a friend but his actions somehow always compels me to understand his feelings for something deep, something more.

Rohan and I sat opposite to each other. Sidharth sat in front of me too, with Rohanpreet. And judging by the way he was eyeing Rohan and how his jaw was stiff. I wondered if both of them should be in such proximity .

Rohan took his stance and adjusted the strings of guitar.

"Okay. On the count of of 3'' I said clearing my throat.

" 3"

" 2"

" 1"

Rohanpreet began singing the verses-

Roi na je yaad meri aayi ve
Khush rahi akhan na bhar aayi ve(x2)

Hoya ki je tu methon door ho gaya
Supna dohan da chooron choor ho gaya
Ho tere naal rahu meri parchayi ve

It was a heart breaking number and laugh at the irony or whatever you want to do. But it suited my situation so very well. I felt my throat catching up because my part was about to begin. Singing it in front of him with his eyes boring into mine made it difficult a thousand more folds.

Okay, time to get a grip girl

Roi na je yaad meri aayi ve
Khush rahi akhan na bhar aayi ve

Roi na je yaad meri aayi ve
Khush rahi akhan na bhar aayi ve

I sang along to the beats of the guitar fighting back tears. I looked up to steal a glance at him and gasped when saw him already starting at me. That was unexpected.