chapter 15

I HATE WATTPAD, IT IS SUCH A B*TCH. SO MANY GLITCHES.

To the people who have any issue with the way this books goes, I'll make an honest confession: I never planned on 'just friends' unlike my other two works that had or has a fixed , sorted storyline. All I wanted with this story was to put across the 'letter' that I had written in the prologue.
I have already said , things come naturally to me , I have no idea what is going to happen either.
I am just a teenager who's making amateur attempts at writing. All I have ever written before are poems and articles for school magazine and student council. I have no definite experience as an author so if anyone feels things are going the wrong way , point it. I take criticisim quite well.
There's no point in spreading hate over it to me by texting me how inept I am. I'm a human and have feelings too. Thank you<3

Happy reading 💕
______________________________________

I open my eyes to find myself staring at Rohanpreet, who looked concerned. I thank my saviour for not letting me fall on the hard terrace floor. I look over his shoulder to see Sidharth standing at the entrance of the terrace with horror written all over his face. I jerk away from Rohanpreet's arms and stand properly.

"Sidharth" I say a little breathless. I don't know why this man intimidates me so much.

" It's nice to finally meet you shehnaaz, properly" Natasha says beside Rohan,  a little awkward but cheery nonetheless and then links her arms with her boyfriend's.

"Hey" I say and steal glances at Sidharth who is still standing at the terrace's entrance with Jasmine. Her eyes searching his with concerns as she places her hand on his upper arms in... Assurance? Whatever.

It still stinged my heart, like a sharp piercing.

"Shehnaaz ye?" Rita aunty asks coming over to our little gathering and nodding at Rohanpreet and his girlfriend.

"Ye Rohanpreet h maa" sidharth's voice booms from behind as he too trots towards us with his girlfriend, Jasmine following his steps. "Shehnaaz ka ex"

Rita Aunty's head snaps to my side and I give her an apologetic nod. Right, there was no need for him to add the -ex-part. 

For a moment we all have that awkward silence and nobody says anything until Sidharth pulls out his right hand to stretch it towards Rohanpreet.

"Hi Rohan, Sidharth"

I have no idea what is the need for a formal introduction when they've already met and the confusion is pretty obvious on Rohanpreet's face too but he shakes his right hand with Sidharth nonetheless and ..well, he flinches.

"Sidharth"  I say to him but he ignores me completely still focusing on Rohan. Natasha looks petrified.

Oh God, what is happening!

"Sidharth.. leave him" his iron-tight grip on Rohan's hand clenches more and then he leaves him with a satisfied smirk on his face.

Rohanpreet pulls his hand back with a jerk and with the way he's holding his right hand with the left one , I can tell Sidharth has squeezed the life out of him.

"What" he whispers when I nudge him by the elbow.

"What the hell do you think you were doing" I seethe at him but his calm demeanour doesn't budge, infact it becomes even more smug.

"Serves him right" and he straightens his already taut back.

Rita aunty becomes our saviour, yet again.