chapter 9

To the people who might antsy after reading this chapterI can't just wipe the plot in a jiffy. The chapter may have contradictory actions of both sidnaaz. so read at your own risk. Constructive suggestions and healthy criticism is always welcome. I aim to improve .

HAPPY READING ❤️
__________________________________

His steps were agonizingly slow as he made his way towards me. My heartbeat dropped , at the same time blood rush was coursing through my entire body. My eyes were shut tightly, dreading the moment I had wanted so much for the last seven and a half months but now that it's finally happening , all I felt was horror and guilt because as much as I might try to be in denial, I know I wanted this. I wished this sin to be true when I hated it simultaneously.

Is this what people call conflicted emotions?

He must have plopped himself on the bed , as I felt it dip and my surroundings felt hotter. His warm breath fanning over my face . I don't know how long I sit there in the unbearable silence and anticipation of what was going to happen. After what seems like forever, his big palms held my sides of my face to calm me and I realised I was hyperventilating. From fear . From guilt. I couldn't do that to Rohanpreet. I wouldn't do that him.

"Hey , hey.. baby. Calm down" Sidharth pulled me into himself, my head dug deep in his chest. His touch caressing my back as I moped for I don't know what reason. Or maybe I did.

"Why are you doing this to me '' my voice is almost a whisper , getting shushed in his embrace. But the emotions surging through me needed an answer.

He doesn't say anything though , and continued with the never-ending job of relaxing me from my weeping sessions. I sigh admist my sobs, these needed to stop seriously.

My nerves calmed down under his soft touch and my jittering body relaxed. "Please go, leave me alone'' I choked , my mouth felt thick and the insides of my nose almost burned. I needed sometime to myself. It was all too much to take. To much to accept that I wanted another man's touch when I already have a boyfriend. He stilled, stopped patting my back, he didn't rock me to and fro further. And then his lips touched the top of my head. Pressing a soft kiss , he left. I looked at him, searching his face for answers but all I found was a blank , unreadable emotions. His eyes did not meet mine, as if almost lost in deep thoughts. I hugged the knees to my chest, arms wrapping around the shin. I kept my head on my forearms that kept my legs intact by holding them to my chest.

Silence, I feel it. And I can't fathom what he is feeling. He retreats slowly but then.

"Oh ..and baby. I'll have my way. I'll kiss you when I want to , just not now'' Sidharth winks and marches out of the room.

What? One moment he is comforting and in the next infuriating. But I am grateful for the time at my hand any how. I needed to clear my thoughts.
__________________________________

Rohanpreet called late in the night . I was surprised but picked the call up nontheless.

"Hi shehnaaz. Tussi thik ho na abhi?'' he is such a sweetheart. Always so concerned

"Han''

" Great, to Kal I'll pick you up then take you somewhere''

"Where?'' I asked surprised. I didn't know we'd be going on dates but then isn't outing implied when you date someone?

"just .. somewhere'' I could picture his lips curving upwards. And I find myself smiling too.

"Good night shehnaaz''

" Good night Rohan'' I hang up smiling. And then that is where I form the decision. Such a sweet and cute guy like Rohanpreet doesn't deserve to be treated half- heartedly. I will give my everything in this relationship and for that I'll just have to do two things.