chapter 12

Stream BHULA DUNGA , 100M Soon.
Happy reading ❤️
_____________________________________

We sit in silence on the bench at far end of the beach in the tranquility of night filled with miserable silence, breeze and glorious moonlight. When it gets difficult to keep it to myself, I turn to him and he looks at me too almost sensing me looking at him with a small smile. Rohanpreet eyes me with raised brows confused as to why I'm staring at him.

"You love her , don't you Rohan ?"

And he looks at me the way a child does when caught stealing sweets during Diwali. Absolutely embarrassed. I smile and look away leaning a little on the bench, my eyes closed.  He doesn't say anything and I feel him staring at me.

"Yeah...Yeah I do"  he says after minutes of silence.

" You were with her right? Today and last night too. Weren't you ?'' I said opening my eyes and looking at him.

He merely nodded , head bowed.

"But I swear shehnaaz nothing happened. Waheguru di sau'' his face face looked gruesome. "Kuchh nhi hua tha , neither today nor last night--"

" I know "

" What? .. I mean you trust me ?''

I chuckle a little at his disbelief.

"Yeah I do"

" Why?''

"Because I saw the way you look at her. Like nothing else matters.  It was nothing but pure love and I know it because I--" I did not have the courage to voice these words. They're too difficult to admit now.

" Because you see Sidharth with the same Love filled in your eyes" he says softly, almost a whisper and I nod , my eyes beginning to water.

And that was the truth. I still love him. Despite everything. I love him with every atom in my body. I did , and I still do. But I wipe the tears that threatened to come and bobbed my head towards Rohan managing a weak smile.

"So.. what's your story?''

A shy smile spreads across his face and he bows his head , not out of shame , but love.

I wait for him to continue but he seems to take his own sweet time.

"You know , I loved her for a long time but she did not. For her we were never more than friends. Like really good friends but lovers? She bluntly denied it. I thought a lot and convinced my heart it wasn't okay to make her uncomfortable by voicing my love for her every now and then when she doesn't feels the same way... You know ?''

"Yeah I do'' I mumble.
He has no idea .

" Then I thought of moving on. I like you shehnaaz and I really do. No offense , but it's like nothing compares her. No even the moon. When she got to know that I'm in a relationship with you , she was acting weird. Getting upset more often and throwing tantrums. Kal raat bhi , she called me so many times . I did not want to leave you alone but when I picked up and her voice was almost cracking........ I .. I just couldn't stop myself. " His voice was cracking too.

" It's like her tears never settle well with me , and I rushed to her. We had a huge fight , apparently she was mad at me for being with you and... She said she loves me. Can you believe it? She loves me too'' his eyes were glinting reflecting the love he was talking about.

"I'm sorry. I'm .. I really shouldn't have done this to you. I said no to her, not until we're together and I shut couldn't break our relationship when I was the one who wanted it so badly. But ... When I saw her today with Sidharth, dancing. My mind went overboard and it just snapped. I....''