chapter 19

To anyone who's been waiting for the update, I am so so so very sorry to have kept you waiting but I needed some time to myself and find my mental peace. With everything that's been happening around, things we're affecting me way too much, I needed to breathe! Also, had hell lotta classes. They think we don't have a life of our own 😭. But I promise I'll make it up to you . 
Happy reading 💕
_______________________________________

"Leave" I yell at him, removing the cucumbers from my eyes and turning to look at him, dead in the eye. He nods curtly and leaves from my vanity van. The hurt and rueful emotions reflecting in his orbs gives me some sort of odd sadistic pleasure.

I look at myself in the mirror and I try to smile.

I couldn't

My lips just couldn't twitch upwards. What have I made of myself?

"Shehnaaz ma'am?" An excited voice startles me and turn to look at a young girl wearing the black crew uniform.

"Yes?"

"Hi, I'm .. umm. Rhea. Can I hug you once . Pleaaaase" I open my mouth to say something but close it anyways because the girl lashes herself at me , engulfing my frame in the arms.

"You're so pretty" Rhea fawns.

I think I just gave her a small smile because her face is literally split into two.

"Welcome to Munnar, Idukki. I'm sure you already know about the project but I'll just give a brief" Rhea chirps, looking into the black file that she's carrying.

No , I don't know anything about the project. I didn't even know where exactly we are in Kerala until two seconds ago. Everything was handled by Kaushal and Sidharth.

Why exactly did I let myself dragged here without even knowing anything. I don't know.

Because you knew Sidharth is there by your side and he won't let anything happen to you.
My conscience mocks .

Whatever.

"So you and Sidharth sir have been roped in this for endorsing tourism in Kerala , to compensate for the losses the state has incurred during the covid-19 pandemic. The concept revolves around two strangers falling in love here, admist the Beauty. Cool right?. Right now you two have to give a shot under the Attukad Waterfall, please change into the dress that dress dada will bring in and I'll tell the rest of it later to you" Rhea chirps and exits excitedly.

I sigh. I have do it , I've faced worse yet I fought back. Right now , this girl, she's is not me. I'm stronger than this.

Earlier you were fighting to clear you image shehnaaz, you wanted to work. This shehnaaz is undergoing heartbrake, mourning the loss loved. Sidharth and Rita Shukla are very special to you which is why it's affecting you so much. I am suggesting you to talk to him. Just let him know and I know that he'd be there for you.

Sharu had explained when I had sobbed over the phone to her. Her words made sense while not making any sense at all to me.

May be I just did not want to understand.

Resentment surges through me like Intoxication. My eyes turn steely. I feel cold and dead inside.

*****

I look around taking in the fresh air that is engulfing me and admiring the scenic beauty that surrounds me. The noise made by the water that is gushing down ferociously is oddly peaceful and calming. It is breathtaking. The breeze feels like a different kind of high. I tread upon the rocks slowly, careful not to slip over the water that is flowing slowly and smoothly as compared to water that falls through the peaks. There he is, standing just in front of the enclosure talking to the director with his brows knit together.