chapter 7

Yes it is a double update. Thank me later 😉.

HAPPY READING!________________________________

Sidharth gently takes my Right foot in his one hand while the other one grabs my waist and pulls me onto him. I'm straddling his lap and I'm crying. He slowly removes the glass peice and clutch onto his collor tighter. My nails digging into his shoulders.

"Sidharth. Bahot ...dard ho.. rha h'' I sob into his arms . I don't know why but his arms are oddly comforting and that makes me cry harder.

"Shhh baby. Shit ye gehra h. Hospital Jana hoga. Oth''

" Naii mereko kahi nhi Jana. Mereko yahi rehna h'' I say bursting into a fresh set of tears. They just seemed to come out so freely . I wonder if my stock of them is ever going to finish.

"Jana padega baby. Blood nikal rha h''

I have no energy to fight him for calling me a baby again. Instead, I want to be like this with him forever even if I know it is wrong.

"Nhi . Mereko nahi Jana.'' I just cry remembering how hard my foot is paining. I lay my head flat on his chest . He immediately wraps his arms around me pulls me into a hug.

"Please calm down baby, you'll be alright , haan shehnaaz" he says and I only cry more like a toddler. But I don't mind. For the first time in a long while I have not felt lonely. The way he held me , the way he comforted me made me realise just how much I missed his touch.

I snake my arms around his neck , burrying my face in the crook of his neck , inhaling his cologne. He always smelled of mint and green apples. Making me go weak in my knees.

I further pressed my head to his chest and stayed in this position for God knows how long. Sidharth doesn't seem to mind and kept on caressing my back. I wanted him to keep doing that. The wound made me vulnerable in front of him again.

Damn you wound.

He puts his one hand at the back and the other at the back of my knees , carrying me up and takes me into the bedroom. Once he plops me on the bed , Sidharth rushes to I don't know where but gets back with a first aid kid. He wraps a gauze around the slit after putting some antiseptic making me wince in pain.

I'm still weeping as he ties the knot of the gauze. And makes his way back to me. Holding me back into his arms.

I know I am inconsolable but who cares? And soon I drift into sleep with myself joined to his body, getting the warmth I am so used to.

I could hear him say something but I'm too tired to make out anything.
_____________________________

When I wake up the next morning I am surprised to hear voices outside my room. I can understand it's Sidharth but some other unknown male voice is there too.

I pull of the sheets that he had put over me and as I am about to get off from bed Sidharth dips his head into the room. Seeing that I am awake he enters .

I watch him secretly from the corner of his eyes. He catches me staring. My face flushes.

"You tell me not to call you a child, which I don't by the way. But you should look yourself when you're crying . You look like a baby with those baggy eyes and swollen face. It makes me want to embrace you" he says putting my feet back From the floor to the bed. Great, my already red face turns beetroot.

"I am gonna call the doctor in'' Sidharth says moving out again and returns halfway . He watches me intently and I stare back in confusion asking . What? . He comes rushing and pulls off his cap sleeved T-shirt.