Chapter One

Warning: this is cringe lol

There were only two months left till prom came around and the hallways were buzzing with enthusiasm. Everyone was exited and perhaps if it were a couple weeks ago I would have been too.

But unfortunately my boyfriend had broken up with me three weeks ago. We had fallen apart and it was something I had seen coming. We had drifted apart and he had fallen for someone else.

I had seen them together once and I knew by the smile Jace had on his face that he was developing feelings for her. He never acted on them but knowing they were there, he told me and we had broken up.

Now I was single and had no date for prom. I decided that I wasn't going to go and my best friend tried to talk me out of it but I wouldn't budge.

I did not want to third wheel on her and her boyfriend Marcus. I also did not want to be that one loner who didn't have anyone to dance with and was stuck with her two lovey dovey friends who can never take their eyes off each other.

It was now lunch and me and Anissa decided to go out and get some pizza. We only had an hour but it was enough.

"Marcus asked you to prom yet?" I asked Anissa as I took a bite from my pepperoni pizza.

"No but he asked me to come over during the weekend so I think he'll do it then." She smiled excitedly.

Marcus and Anissa have been dating for almost two years now. They were the golden couple of the school. With Marcus being the popular sweet soccer player and Anissa the smart outgoing girl.

They were perfect together.

"What are you going to do during prom?" She asked.

"I'm going to watch K dramas and eat ice cream." I said with a smile. She laughed and rolled her eyes at me.

"Anissa!" We heard from the other side of the pizza place. We turned to look and saw Marcus with Jace and Lee. I swallowed my drink uncomfortably as they walked towards us.

When they came near our booth Marcus slid in next to Anissa. She looked at me with an apologetic expression and elbowed her oblivious boyfriend.

"What?" Marcus looked at her then at me and then finally at Jace and his eyes widened in realization.

"Ohhh! I'm sorry Bella we can leave!" Marcus said towards me.

"No it's okay. You guys can join us if you want." I said with a sigh and I saw Lee's eyebrow shoot up. He grinned and slid in next to me while Marcus made some space for Jace.

Lee was a sweet boy and he was always nice to me but we never really talked much. He's very handsome and has that cute boyish look. He was much closer to Marcus than he was to Jace. By the look on his face I could tell he found this situation very amusing.

"Sooo..." Marcus trailed off awkwardly with a chuckle and and I internally groaned.

I should have sent them away. Why did I have to be nice!

"How are things with Rosie?" I asked Jace and they all looked at me with surprised eyes as I sipped on my sprite.

Jace stared at me to see if I was mocking him but he knew I wasn't like that. I smiled to let him know I was genuinely curious.

"Uh things are good. She agreed to go to prom with me. And uh we have a date Saturday." He said while rubbing his neck.

"That's great. I'm happy for you, really." I said with a soft smile.

Lee looked at me with awe and surprise in his eyes while Marcus and Anissa smiled at me already knowing my kind and forgiving nature.

"Aren't you being too nice?" Lee bluntly said and then put his hand on his mouth while looking embarrassed.

Jace shot him a glare and he whispered sorry.

"Maybe. But I honestly don't mind. It's not like he cheated on me and I'm just happy that he was honest with me and himself." I told Lee and he looked amazed like he couldn't believe it and I chuckled.

He's cute. I thought to myself.

"You're amazing." He said, in a daze than realized what he said and blushed.

I smiled and I could tell my cheeks were getting warmer.

Why did my heart rate speed up?