Chapter Twenty Two

"Is your mom feeling better?" I asked Lee as we were standing by my locker, waiting for the others to show up after eating since we've already had snacks during our free period and weren't hungry anymore.

"Yeah she's been a little tired but she's doing better." He said and smiled down at me.

I was going to say something but I felt someone stumble into me and pushed me forward. Lee's arms immediately caught me and he turned around to glare at the small figure who pushed into me.

"W-what. I'm so s-sorry Bella I did not m-mean for that to h-happen." Cole said in between pants and I smiled at him.

Cole was one of the sweetest angel I've ever met. He's a very shy and quiet boy but one day during junior year I fell down the stairs and sprained my ankle and Cole had rushed to my side to help me and brought me to the infirmary.

"It's okay." I said and was about to ask him why he was running when another much larger figure came around the corner and grabbed Cole by the wrist and turned him around to face him.

"You need to listen to me." He said while looking at Cole with a pleading look.

"I've a-already listened to everything I needed to Grey." Cole said and looked down as tears welled up in his eyes.

Grey sighed in frustration before pushing Cole against the nearest locker and slamming his hands near his head.

I flinched at the noise and moved forward to help Cole when Lee's hand tightened around me.

"Don't worry Grey won't hurt him." Lee whispered and I nodded but didn't move my stare from the two.

"I'm NOT dating Marissa and I'm NOT taking her to prom.Why would you even think that?" He growled and Cole stubbornly looked down again.

Grey grabbed his chin with his hand and lifted Cole's face so he could look at him.

"Tell me sweetheart." Grey sais and leaned closer towards Cole. "What made you think that I'd want to date someone who's not you. Haven't I made it clear how much I want you. How much I need you?"

I shifted awkwardly and glanced at Lee who was looking at them with amusement and glanced down at me and winked at me before looking back towards the scene that was happening like it was a movie.

Everyone was in the cafeteria to eat so no one but us could witness this happening.

"No!" Cole suddenly said loudly and even Grey seemed surprised at his tone.

"You haven't! Everyone's asking people out to prom for weeks now and you still haven't asked me. I don't even know if you actually like me because you never tried to kiss me or even bring up dating. Marissa told all her silly friends that you guys have been dating and even f-fooling around for weeks now! She said you asked her out for prom." Cole said and tears started falling from his eyes and I felt very bad for him at that moment.

"Oh sweetheart..." Grey mumbled before pulling a crying Cole to his chest and rubbing his back.

"I've been in love with you for as long as I can remember. I just didn't want to distract you from your scholarship and getting the grades you need. I already bought your suit and everything for prom and was going to ask you right after your last exam. As for dating, I wanted you to be mine since the day you crashed your bike into me. You just didn't know it then but you know it now." He said and pulled Cole away from the hug and cupped his teary cheeks.