Chapher Two

As we walked back to school Lee fell into step beside me.

"I'm sorry if I made you uncomfortable earlier. I tend to blurt things out without really thinking." He said with flushed cheeks.

"It's okay. It kinda broke the ice between me and him anyways." I said with a reassuring smile.

"I was wondering..." he coughed awkwardly before continuing his sentence, "do you still have feelings for Jace?"

I thought about it for a couple seconds and I could tell he was getting anxious.

"No. I liked Jace a lot but I wasn't really in love with him. We were both distancing ourselves slowly and eventually our relationship fell apart. I'm glad he's moved on and he's way more happy than he ever was when he was with me." I said with a shrug and he listened closely.

"So it's okay for me to ask for your number?" He blurted out while wringing his fingers together.

I was shocked at his boldness but nevertheless my cheeks flushed and I shyly nodded. His face broke into a grin and he hurriedly took out his phone from his pocket.

After I gave him my number he gave me one last grin before catching up to Mason who was walking with Anissa. Jace had left earlier saying he needed to do something. Anissa gave a kiss to her boyfriend before leaving him to his friend and coming to me.

"Well wasn't that one awkward lunch." She laughed as we walked into the school's front door.

"Yeah..." I said still thinking about Lee.

"What did Lee want with you? I've never seen you guys talk expect a few words here and there." Anissa asked curiously with a glint in her eyes.

"He just apologized for what he said at the cafe and he asked for my number." I said with a shrug.

"He asked for your number?" My best friend grinned and I nodded like it was no big deal.

But I can still feel my heart racing from my earlier nervousness.

Anissa was going to add something but the warning bell prevented her to do so and we both split ways and headed to our lockers.

I walked into my English class and stopped dead in my tracks at the sight that laid before me.

Jackson, the one of the "bad boys" of the school was asking Lacey the sweetest girl on earth for prom with a book. A huge book. I walked into class and saw him blushing while waiting for her answer.

People were doing their promposals two months before the actual dance simply because the week before prom is going to be our exam week. We will have to study and won't have time to ask out no one or go shopping. So we all do everything in advance.

Everyone seemed shocked at Jackson and I grinned. They were paired up in a project in history class and I had seen Jackson acting different with her. I didn't think he would do this in front of everyone though.

He's a very closed off person and only talks to people when it is absolutely necessary. I didn't exactly know what went down with them but as a very observant person I noticed his behaviour towards Lacey was softer and he'd actually put effort into talking to her.

Lacey was a blubbering mess as she said yes. After forgetting their initial shock, everyone cheered and clapped for them. The final bell rang and everyone settled down as the teacher walked in.

She stared at the huge book that was "standing" between Jackson and Lacey's desks with the words "will you go to prom with me?" as the title. She chuckled and shook her head before beginning with class.

At the end of the day I was waiting for Anissa to walk home together when I noticed a boy from the distance approaching me.

As the figure came closer I finally realized it was Lee. I fiddled with the sleeves of my shirt as he came to stand right next to me.

"Hey."

"H-hi." I stammered. I closed my eyes in embarrassment of my nervous stutter before opening them back up to see his handsome face looking down at me with a huge smile.

"Marcus asked me to tell you that he needs to take Anissa out so she can't go with you." He said and just as he finished his sentence my phone buzzed with a notification.

'I'm so sorry Bella! Marcus came out of nowhere saying we need to go somewhere! He said he sent Lee to give you a ride home.'

I blinked at the message before shrugging and looking up at Lee.

"You don't need to give me a ride I can just walk home." I said and he shook his head.

"Nope! Your coming with me. I can't let you walk home alone plus it seems like it may start to rain." He said and pointed at the cloudy sky with big scared eyes.

I softly laughed and agreed before following him back to his car.

"So where are you from?" He asked while driving towards the directions I gave him.

"Well I was born here but I'm half German." I said and he nodded.

"What about you?" I asked curiously.

"I was also born here but I'm half Korean." He said.

I knew it!

"What do you like to do?" He asked.

"I like watching Korean dramas. But I love writing as well. I also enjoy painting and taking walks." I told him and he grinned.

"Korean dramas huh? Do you like handsome Korean men?" He said with a laugh and I joined him.

"I guess I do" I said with a grin and he chuckled.

"You're a fun person Arabella." He said and I blushed.

"Thanks for the compliment and the ride." I replied just as we arrived in front of my house.

Before I could get out of the car he grabbed my wrist to stop me. I looked back at him with a curious look and saw him rubbing his neck nervously.

"Do you wanna hang out Saturday?" He blurted and my face immediately flushed.

"A date?" I asked and he nodded.

"Uhh..." I trailed off. It's only been three weeks since I broke up with Jace.

But I did think Lee was cute.

Plus Jace is already wooing another girl so why can't I go on a date with someone?

There's no rule stating when you can start seeing other people after a break up.

"If you don't want to it's okay." Lee said disappointed after noticing my silence.

"No! I do want to!" I blurted out and an excited smile took over his face.

"That's great! I'll talk to you more about it later Okay?" He said, the smile not leaving his face and I couldn't help but smile too.

"Okay."