Chapter Four

I stared at my appearance in the mirror and I smiled. My chestnut hair was naturally wavy so I brushed it and let it cascade down my back. My grey eyes were brighter than usual probably because of my excitement. I wore a white cropped sweatshirt with a red rose on the side and black tights along with my black shoes. It's nothing fancy but we were after all having a causal lunch.

I heard a knock on my door just as my mom walked in. Her dirty blond hair was in a bun and she was wearing an oversized hoodie and sweats. I grinned at her knowing she's dressed like this because she has the day off.

"Hey sweetie, you look beautiful." She said as I touched up my light make up. I had put on some mascara, blush and lip gloss.

"Thanks mom!" I said and hugged her tight. My mom is my favourite person on earth and she's my best friend. I tell her everything and she's always supporting me.

"Are you nervous?" She asked as we left my room and settled in the living room to wait for Lee.

"Kinda. But Lee and I have gotten really close and I know he's a fun person and he always makes sure that I'm comfortable." I grinned with pink cheeks and my mom cooed at me.

The doorbell rang and I shot up from the couch to get the door. My breath hitched as I caught sight of him. He was wearing a white shirt with a black jacket that I immediately fell in love with and black jeans with his sneakers. His usual messy hair was nicely brushed and he waved them to the side which made him look incredible.

He was also holding a bouquet of beautiful white lilies.

"I love your jacket!" I blurted out and be chuckled before thanking me. I ushered him in and he hesitantly stepped in.

"These are for you precious." He said with a small smile handing me the flowers.

"Thank you Lee! These are lovely." I said as I brought them to my nose and smelled their sweet smell.

"Hi Ms Meier!" He grinned with a wave and my mom waved back with a smile.

"Hi Lee it's nice to meet you." She made her way to us and shook his hand which he did the same with enthusiasm which made both me and my mom laugh and him embarrassed.

"I'll let you guys go and if there's any trouble Arabella call me." She told me and I nodded and handed her the flowers so she could put them somewhere.

I gave my mom one last hug and then Lee grabbed my hand to lead me outside.

We made our way to the car and Lee opened the door for me and when I bent to get inside he put his hand on top to make sure I don't get hurt again. My whole face lit up at his sweet gesture.

Once he was driving he glanced at me and gave me a look that made my face go crimson red.

"You look absolutely beautiful." He breathed out and looked back at the road.

"Thank you." I murmured. "You look very handsome as well."

"Thanks precious!" He said with a grin.

"Which diner are we going to?" I asked him.

"Uh I don't know the name but I used to go there a lot when I was younger and it has amazing burgers!" He said sheepishly.

"Why don't you go there anymore?" I asked curiously.

"I don't know I think I kinda forgot about it and nowadays I go to the pizza shop near school a lot and I obviously wasn't going to take you there." He laughed and I joined him. Almost every kid at school goes there at least once a week for lunch.

Once we reached the diner I noticed it was rather small and cute. I never knew this place even existed. It's apparently called "Mirus" weird name for a diner but kinda cool too.

We were led to a booth by our waiter and were left alone to order.

"What should I get?" I ask Lee as he doesn't even open his menu and only stares at me.

"Uh a burger, definitely a burger. With fries lots of fries! I love fries. And we should also get milkshakes cause why not? And they have brownies! Isn't that amazing?" He rambled and I smiled at his adorableness and nodded along to what he was saying.

Once the waiter came back Lee ordered everything he said except the brownies saying we'll get them after we're done with the burgers.

"So do you have any siblings?" He asked me and I shook my head.

"What about you?" I asked bringing my elbow on the table and resting my chin on my hand as I stared at him.

"I got a little brother he's eight and I love him! Sometimes he's annoying but I still love him." He said and copied my position.

We just stared at each other for a moment with smiles on our faces when I suddenly started laughing.

"Why are you laughing?" He asked but he looked like he was about to laugh as well.

"Just cause." I shrugged and he frowned.

"Arabellaa! You gotta tell me." He whined.

"Because you're so cute." I blurt out and his face goes red. He covered his cheeks with his hands and let out an embarrassed laugh.

"That's embarrassing!" He said after removing his hands from his face and I grinned. "You're cute too Arabella. Completely adorable."

Just as he said that the food came and his face brightened even more if that's even possible.

We started to eat and I had to admit these burgers were to die for.

"This is so good!" I exclaimed after swallowing down my first bite.

"I know!" He grinned than proceeded to take his first bite.

We ate with and made conversation about the most random things we could think of. Once we finished Lee ordered some brownies, which we also quickly ate.

"That was the most delicious meal I ever had." I said after Lee and me walk out of the diner.

"I'm glad you enjoyed your food." Lee said and opened the door for me to get in again.

"Where are we going?" I asked sitting in the car and hoping our date is not over yet.

"I told you we'd walk around and I know a nice park around here." Lee said with a reassuring smile as he bent down to my level.

"Our date is far from over precious." He said and hesitantly grabbed my hand while tucking a strand of hair behind my ear with his other hand.

I squeezed his hand and smiled.

"I'm glad."